need both 62 GT front turn signal lenses or assemblies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need both 62 GT front turn signal lenses or assemblies

I managed to "salvage" one of my lenses which had been burned with a buffing wheel by the PO. The silver edging on the interior is pretty much gone, but wet sanding and hand buffing got it looking fairly good. Took the right side lenses off to do the same and it crumbled in my hands. Both of the assemblies are really rusty on the inside, but might be salvageable. Both lights work, anyway.

If anyone has lenses and/or the whole assemblies (right and left) for a 62 GT, please let me know. I'm hoping to have it on the road for the first real drive on IDYSD.

Paul
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

The lenses for that year are shared with the Larks, but I don't know about the whole assemblies.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      The lenses for that year are shared with the Larks, but I don't know about the whole assemblies.
      No Brent, they are different and the 62 hawk has a chrome ring around the outer edge and very hard to find, maybe Chuck Collins in AZ might have some.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I have N.O.S. pairs of the '62 Hawk lenses. Send me a PM.

Chris.

Comment

The faces (shape) of these that you see when installed, look a lot like a '61-'63 Lark.

But the mounting surface and sides of the Lens are "stepped" and will not fit, and as Bob (candbstudebakers) said, they are chrome plastic trimmed, no stock most everywhere and no Repros. for many years.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

PM sent Stude Dude
            I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
            1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Working...
            X