Tissue dispenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tissue dispenser

I just received a sparkly, brand spanking new shiny tissue dispenser, with original tissues!, and I am perplexed as how to install said accoutrement.

Anyone? It has two set-bolts inside a curved piece of metal an inch wide in the upper left corner of the tissue holder. It is designed to swing out 90*, but I can't see anything on or under the dash to attach this to. I am very anxious to install this handy accessory.

Thank you!

You may have an early 50s type. If I'm not mistaken the later Lark type were a gray plastic or metal type that mounted on the tranny hump.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Ahh, that would explain that. I've tried attaching it under the glove box lid and no go.

Comment

The early ones are definitely the nicest. I;m sure you should be able to rig something up to get it mounted. good luck
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If someone could post a photo of how the older tissue boxes are usually attached?

That would help me narrow down ways to best secure this to my 60 Lark dash.

Thank you. It doesn't have the Studebaker script, but it is spotless and very nice.

Comment

They were always mounted on the right half of the dash, that would be under your Radio Speaker Grille, most likely you will have to make a bracket.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, that should help a little. I'm hoping someone in the local club has one and I could at least be able to see it attached correctly and go from there.

Comment

Leo, I sent You a private To Your email address! Didn't You get it? By the way 2R5! This tissue dispenser was purchased By One of My neighbors who got it at a Studebaker dealership in the Metro Seattle area specifically for His 1961 Lark wagon. Leo I'll try to get My neighbor to double check for the instructions and the correct mount. ~effiedude
                Patrick Sammon

Comment

I got it Patrick. Thanks for this link, it did the trick: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Vintage-...6b3f5d&vxp=mtr

I know someone who's a metal working wunderkind and he'll be able to fashion a tapped bracket in his sleep.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X