Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does SI have for Zip Vans?

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I know they have more windshields than Zip Vans in existence.

Denny L

Comment

Call to inquire whenever you're ready, that's what we're here for. As for parts, we have a lot of "smalls" in the standard inventory. Stuff like handles, rear door cables, etc. I don't have an inventory list in front of me right now, but I think the driver side door is out of stock. If we ever had one I've never seen it. Same thing for the windshield frame. On page 154 of the current catalog (sheet metal section) there is a section just for Zip Van's and it sums up all of the large parts we have for them, aside from windshields.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I was told that several years ago that they (Geoff) sold all the Zip Van specific parts they had to one person.
        He had a list of what parts he bought (I have that list up in my office).
        There was some sheet metal, but it was mostly smaller, odd pieces.
        No door parts, doors, bumpers. Just typical stuff that never usually gets used.
        I tried to buy a bumper, but none were available.
        Somebody bought a Zip Van bumper and put it on the back of their Ccab p/u (because it was narrower than the stock one)..
        But this was before the sellout/buyout by SI, so more stuff must have been located in the big move.
        Would definitely like to see an updated list of available parts from SI.
        Jeff
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bob, you might try Truett Ray in Raleigh NC. Though he crushed the hundreds of Studes along his fence row some years ago, I think he still has a Zip Van /storage shed, at least it was there two summers ago. I don't think it was too bad if my memory is correct.
          He trades by Shade Tree Garage, contact is: mail@stgbmwservice.com
          Jim
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

As far as the drivers door is concerned I plan on making a replacement myself. I have already gotten a sheet of 3/4" marine plywood. then I will remove the door, making an outline of it & then disassembling it. Jeff said to make sure I take lots of measurements & pictures as I go along. I plan on using galvanized sheet metal instead of regular 18 gauge stuff to make sure any future rust will be a minimum.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
            X