PDA

View Full Version : Brakes: SS Braided Rear Flex Hose

Skybolt
08-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Wondering if anyone has found a direct replacement for the rear rubber flex hose in braided stainless steel? I have them for the front but the Russel kit had a rear one that was way too short, as it was for an 80's Camaro. A little longer would be okay but not shorter. The ends don't have to be a perfect match as I can put in an adapter.

41 Frank
08-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Jim Turner at Turner Brake can make the stainless braided brake lines for you.

Skybolt
08-02-2013, 11:03 AM
I just contacted Jim and will await his reply. The question still remains, any replacement been found? I would rather buy an off the shelf part that I could pick up anywhere than have to use a custom part.

DEEPNHOCK
08-02-2013, 11:22 AM
I just ordered some braided stainless brake lines from Jim Turner.
Easy enough to do.
Great Stude vendor.

If you have your 'off the shelf' Camaro Camaro hose number, you could tell Jim to make that a bit longer.
Look up the Russel stuff here....
http://www.edelbrock.com/zmags/russell.shtml (http://www.edelbrock.com/zmags/russell.shtml)

Skybolt
08-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Let me rephrase the question.

Has anyone found a replacement rear rubber brake hose? Non Studebaker.

tbredehoft
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Once we found out that Jim could handle our needs we stopped looking.

Skybolt
08-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes, he can make one up but I'm looking for something at a lower price and if I can't find it I would consider his. After all I did buy the front SS lines in a kit for about $70 and did not use the rear one as it would not fit. So I'm looking for something under $25 to my door. It might not sound like much of a savings but if I added $10 to every $25 I have spent it would soon add up to thousands. Len.

DEEPNHOCK
08-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Well... Good luck with your search.

Yes, he can make one up but I'm looking for something at a lower price and if I can't find it I would consider his. After all I did buy the front SS lines in a kit for about $70 and did not use the rear one as it would not fit. So I'm looking for something under $25 to my door. It might not sound like much of a savings but if I added $10 to every $25 I have spent it would soon add up to thousands. Len.

Chicken Hawk
08-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I have Jim's SS lines on the truck car hauler and also got the SS oil line that goes from the head to the oil pressure gauge. Just like tires, the rubber/neoprene type lines will wear out and have a much shorter life span than most people think.

Ted