64 Daytona wheels color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: 64 Daytona wheels color

What color should the wheels be on a 64 Daytona?

Off-white. Spray cans of the correct color are available through Studebaker International. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I agree with Bob. If you are going to have the car judged. I however paint my wheels a "Parchment White" which I think is a GM color. It looks better to me as it matches the whitewall instead of making the wheel look like it's not clean. Rob in PA.

Comment

I believe Ford Oxford white is a close color to the original. I had mine white and it looked like s**t so I painted them flat black and take the judging deduction. Bob in Welland On.
        Bob
        Welland Ontario
        60 Lark Convertible
        64 Daytona
        sigpic
        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Thank for your info. Someone painted the out edge black but inter is painted off white.

Comment

Wasn't the '64 wheel color a little different than the earlier colors - a little white in it? Early color was a little more like Ford Wimbledon white as below:

Comment

Nice wheel, but this is a Truck wheel, Apples and Oranges.

The 1962 to 1964 USA built Cars were Beige, Almond, the off white yellowish color has too much White for a Car unless it is a late '64-'66 Canadian built Car.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X