Master cylinder leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Master cylinder leaking

15 year old master cylinder in my 1949 2R5 started leaking. Rebuild or replace? If I replace it what is the current preferred manufacturer?

Welcome to SDC and to the SDC Forum. The OEM Studebaker Mfg. was Wagner and they still make the NEW ones available at Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com these vendors are ALL SDC Members and Turning Wheels advertisers.

On a 1949 Truck you don't usually have much luck rebuilding an old rusted one, but if you remove it and look inside for deep pits you will know if you can hone it and Kit it.

With Brakes as important as they are, it is always best to replace as many of the 5 Cylinders that you can still get, and flex hoses while you can, as these Mfg. are all moving production to China, less and less of the older parts are continuing to be made.
    Buy them for spares if not needed.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm checking out the vendor list but unfortunately none seem to state if they carry Wagner. I believe the correct Wagner part number is R135587.

Comment

All my brake hoses are made in the USA, with USA hose and fittings. All Brakequip fittings, and crimped in my garage! last I looked, Indiana was still in the USA.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
        X