Avanti Mud flaps/protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Mud flaps/protectors

Howdy All, my 1963 Avanti (a driven car) is getting stone chips on the paint where the front and rear wheel cutouts turn under at the front rocker and behind the rear wheels. I have heard that mud flaps attached with small clamps can be used while driving the car to prevent damage and then removed for display (since mud flaps, IMHO, look really ugly on an Avanti). I have looked online and at all the local auto parts stores in the Kalamazoo (MI.) area and not found a suitable mud flap. Does anyone have a source for universal mud flaps big enough to prevent damage and/or what/how have you used them on your Avanti (or other Studebaker)? Thanks for your thoughts/ideas/opinions...Bob

Hi I sent a pm about the mud flaps , Ed

Comment

The 800110 Mud Flaps on Pg.118 of the S.I. Catalog are available at most Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I bought a cheap set at the local auto parts store and clip them on with binder clips from the local office supply store. Works for me! (However, trying to insert a photo here ain't working for me.) Anyway, just purchase a box of the largest binder clips they have and use three on each flap. They won't fall off and can be removed within a few seconds. My rear flaps also have a reflector strip on the bottom which helps at night!

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. I had planned on using the binder clips and it is nice to know that three is the magic number. I will check out the ones form SI as well.

Comment

Hi Bob please pm me an e-mail address so I can send the pics and info on the flaps , Thanks , Ed

Comment

Howdy Ed - done

Comment

I have mud flaps on my Avanti from auto zone or Advance with the binder clips.The mud flaps
                are hard plastic so its possible it could make marks on your paint,but i dont have any chips
                on my paint on the bottom

Comment

Working...
                X