63 Lark sedan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Lark sedan question

If a plain jane 63 4dr lark was ordered with a 289 and automatic, what rear axle would it have left the factory with? I'm thinking model 44, but then again I've seen lots of 259's with model 27 rear ends in them...

I'm away from my books, but am pretty confident that 289 = 44 rear end.

Comment

I'm away from my books, but am pretty confident that 289 = 44 rear end.

Comment

By the book, the 289 got you a Dana 44. A 259 got you pot luck .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

By the book, the 289 got you a Dana 44. A 259 got you pot luck .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Yep; 289 = Model 44.
            They don't get much cheaper than a Challenger V-8 2-door. The Plain Brown Wrapper [now R3-powered] was originally built and shipped as a really odd car: 289/4bbl/single exhaust [:0] and straight three-speed trans[:0]; no overdrive! They don't get much cheraper than that, but it still had a Model 44 under it. [^] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yep; 289 = Model 44.
              They don't get much cheaper than a Challenger V-8 2-door. The Plain Brown Wrapper [now R3-powered] was originally built and shipped as a really odd car: 289/4bbl/single exhaust [:0] and straight three-speed trans[:0]; no overdrive! They don't get much cheraper than that, but it still had a Model 44 under it. [^] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
              X