Tool Kit for Avanti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Kit for Avanti?

Was a tool kit ever included or offered with the Avanti? I had a young man tell me that he and his dad had restored an Avanti and wanted to know if I had the original tool kit for my Avanti. I told him that I have never heard of a tool kit for Avanti. Any one?
    1967 Riviera, 1964 Avanti R/2-R5096, 1953 Champion-R/1,4spd, Two 1967 Studebaker Gravely tractorssigpic

Avanti II's had tool kits available after some point. Studebaker didn't supply any. What individual tools and what brand were included with the kit is unknown to me...whether they were all the same or changed with availability is an open question as well.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Heck, we're lucky to find an original jack for a Studebaker Avanti, let alone a tool kit! (Yes, I'm still looking for one. All ebay offers are "II" jacks that people try to pass off as correct for 63-64).
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I had a '75 Avanti and it had a tool kit as part of the upholstry on the forward bulkhead of the trunk. It had individual pockets for each tool and looked to be a factory installation. It had no tools when I got the car.

Comment

I believe cars equipped with knock-off wire wheels had the required tools for them stored in the pouch mounted on the trunk bulkhead. Whether that was the original reason for the tool pouch is open to question.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I often wondered about the tool pouch in the trunk of my '81 Avanti. It also had no tools in it. The car had Daytons on it when purchased. The original special lug wrench was in the trunk but no jack! I have all the original paperwork but there is no mention of tools provided by the factory. Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
              Heck, we're lucky to find an original jack for a Studebaker Avanti, let alone a tool kit! (Yes, I'm still looking for one. All ebay offers are "II" jacks that people try to pass off as correct for 63-64).
              How do you tell the difference?
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment