64 & Later Lark-type fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 & Later Lark-type fenders

I made a new friend at a cruise-in last night who had a '64 Commander. He needs front fenders on his car. What can he expect to pay for a used (he doesn't want NOS) set, and who around here has some? I told him I'd try to dig up some info for him.

Thanks!
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

There was a pair of late Lark NOS (outer fenders) at the May swap meet in South Bend with an asking price of $250, they later sold for $200. Others can chime in but at that price, although there is some work to get them installed, I'd suggest going with NOS, unless you find some really decent, rust free, used ones. Keep in mind too that shipping an entire fender will be more costly then just the outer fender.
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

I have a set of 64-66 outer front fenders available. They were NOS, but got some surface (only) rust from storage in a barn. $200 for the pair, which is about half of what SI wants for them. As noted above, some effort would be required to remove the inner fenders and attach them to the replacements -- but shipping would be cheaper.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Yes, and remember Studebaker used outer fenders are spot welded to the inner fender.
        If he does find a decent used set some place, unless he cuts away the inner fender, shipping would be up there.
        I found a very nice used left front fender and hood for my 1957 Packard in Roswell NM. The yard wanted to cut the inner fender away with a torch. I didn't want to deal with the mess of cleaning that edge up plus I needed the inner fender because of the battery corrosion.
        I was lucky in the fact I have family who live nearby, they were coming east with a truck big enough to bring my parts to Indiana. I just left Jersey drove to Indiana, visited family, picked up Packard parts and drove home.
        It was a fun trip, wife was happy, "happy wife, happy life"
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

That is simply a good price,and as what $200.00 buys today !
          Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          I have a set of 64-66 outer front fenders available. They were NOS, but got some surface (only) rust from storage in a barn. $200 for the pair, which is about half of what SI wants for them. As noted above, some effort would be required to remove the inner fenders and attach them to the replacements -- but shipping would be cheaper.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The $200 bucks is a good buy. I noticed a set of those at South Bend last summer that sounded like these and the seller was asking $350 for the pair. I did not need them, but I did get the NOS left rear fender for $100 and later a set of used, but no rust through, rear fenders for $100.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I've got a pair of front fenders off a 66 Cruiser. Straight and free of rust - $100 cash and carry.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob,are those just the outers "good price if so" and even better if full assemblies !
                Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                I've got a pair of front fenders off a 66 Cruiser. Straight and free of rust - $100 cash and carry.
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I just remembered. I had someone local call me about two weeks ago. He had a pair of good used '64-'66 front fenders for sale. He didn't have a price on them and I didn't pursue them.
                  JimC - You can do better closer to you.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Much talk about the fenders but nothing said if single or duel head light big difference if looking for ones with inter fender, I have a good pair off a 64 Daytona and will be going to Texas and then up to Colorado Springs and could bring along with me but they are worth $200.00 each to me and both have inter fenders in place.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

As Bob mentions, the front panel of these 66 fenders would be for single HL cars. That front panel that's different is a separate piece from the inner fender prior to assembly and COULD have it's spot welds drilled out to facilitate a swap. And yes, the one's I've offered are inner-outer. I've got other various Lark sheet metal that could be had reasonable. If I have to hassle with shipping, these pieces will be a little bit more than if they were strictly cash and carry.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X