Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a new car cover for the hawk: suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new car cover for the hawk: suggestions??

i have a car cover from california car covers that was great. they are no longer around and I now have a huge oil slick on it from it falling into a puddle on the shop floor( long story). This cover is done but I need a new one for a GT Hawk. What do you have and do you like it or not? Rich
    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
    Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

I didn't realize that they were out of business. Their website www.calcarcover.com still works.

Comment

I actually have three I bought on eBay. One was a "breathable cover" and that's all I use during the summer. It's almost like woven paper. It's light and I washed it, although the dryer did some damage to it. Then I have a heavier insulated cover with plastic on top and a fiber "wool" liner. Last I have a light plastic waterproof cover that goes over it all and the snow slides off. After three years of exposure, I'll probably replace all three for this year.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

my brain is melting in the heat...Beverly Hills motoring accessories made the old one.
        64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
        Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

I have purchased over a half dozen car covers from California Car Cover thru the years always with great fit and product...Mike
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I originally bought my Lark's cover from Studebaker Int'l. I really don't know if they still sell car covers for your car, or any Stude for that matter.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I like the Noah covers from Covercraft. They are heavy and last well
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I have one that was made for a GT Hawk years ago. I've since sold the car and no longer need it. The cover is made of a heavy fabric with brushed inside. I consider it an inside cover and that was how it was used. It shows no wear or deterioration. I will be attending 2 meets down your way, Marlboro Mass and Cherry Hill NJ over the next 2 months. PM me if interested.

Comment

California Car Cover makes one custom fit for Hawks and others models. If you are going to store your Hawk indoors mostly with some outside storage, I would recomend the "Plushweave" about $290.00.

Comment

California Car Covers has a pattern for the Studebaker Coupes. I have two different ones from them, one for inside that is thicker and protects well for door dings, the other folds up much more compact and I use it when travelling. I had one that wore prematurely and they replaced it without question. They have a great variety of car covers to meet most needs. I recommend them.

Edit: They will also embroider your license number or name on the cover for $10 IIRC. Works great as a theft deterrent.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I bought one for mine last fall from www.calcarcover.com and am very happy with it. Btw fits my Hawk like a glove. A+ seller
                      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                      J.D.

Comment

Working...
                      X