Correct Installation of Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Installation of Accessories

This is something that has been bugging me for a long time, but it came to a head last week after selling a customer a set of N.O.S. bumper guards for his 1962 Lark. He had done some 'internet based research' and concluded that the instructions in the kit were incorrect (along with factory photos and the verbal instructions I gave him) because he had found a photo of a Lark on the net with them installed somewhere else!

So for the record....here are some instructions on the CORRECT installation of accessories most often fitted incorrectly -

Front Bumper guards on 1959-63 Larks. Click image for larger version

Name:	4426429660_544cb7e96e_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1739986 These are clearly shown in the middle bolt holes of the front bumper, NOT the inner most bolt hole.

Door handle Scratch plates on C & K models Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 photo's 034.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1739987 The straight edge always goes to the bottom. Ignore the fact that they are shown upside down in the SI catalog.

Don't get me started on the correct placement of trunk lid antennas. I will try to scan and upload the factory template......

Chris.

Chris,
    Accessory templates and installation instructions are accumulated here.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That's great! Its a shame more people don't use them.

Chris.

Comment

Well if it's on the Internet it must be true!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Uh oh. Watch out, you guys that put your accessories on your car where you want them because it's how you prefer........
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That's true.....but I'm directing this towards the guys who want to put them in the correct place but are being misinformed, often by other members.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
              Front Bumper guards on 1959-63 Larks. [ATTACH=CONFIG]25682[/ATTACH] These are clearly shown in the middle bolt holes of the front bumper, NOT the inner most bolt hole.
              '66's are in the middle location. Earlier is in the innermost bolt location according the sheet that was packaged with the guards. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=KRISPY

Craig
              Last edited by 8E45E; 07-16-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Exactly, 1964-65 models are in the inner bolt location and then one step outwards for the '66 models. This makes sense when you look at the different grille designs.

Chris.

Comment

It's a good thing I think the bumper guards add a lot of needless clutter. Someday my rears will be for sale...
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                  X