PDA

View Full Version : Exceptionally nice '56 President Classic on ebay

mbstude
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
My friend Matt Frushour just listed his '56 Classic. One of the nicest you're likely to find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-President-Classic-1956-Studebaker-President-Classic-/350834225545?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item51af597189&vxp=mtr#ht_24080wt_1164

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t590/56president/xYb900odP2O0UIlOYOWjCN0IKZKzajuSfKKif9aqo0A_zpsb5e10dd1.jpg

SN-60
07-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Yep,.....It's beautiful.

BobPalma
07-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Really nice, Matt (and Matthew); thanks for the link.

I wonder if the car was built before January 1, 1956? I suggest that because Directional Signals are listed as a separate, extra-cost option. I'd have to check, but I believe they were mandated by law on cars manufactured after January 1, 1956. BP

mbstude
07-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Really nice, Matt (and Matthew); thanks for the link.

I wonder if the car was built before January 1, 1956? I suggest that because Directional Signals are listed as a separate, extra-cost option. I'd have to check, but I believe they were mandated by law on cars manufactured after January 1, 1956. BP

That's one of Dick Quinn's window stickers.

JoeHall
07-14-2013, 09:32 PM
I remember that car, at the Nashville Meet last September. It is absolutely beautiful, and lovingly preserved by its owner, who seemed like a heck of a nice guy.

swvalcon
07-14-2013, 09:46 PM
I'am not a fan of those models or a 4 dr. But that car looks real nice.

Roscomacaw
07-14-2013, 09:54 PM
If you consider what a lightly equipped rice burner costs nowdays , that BIN seems like a deal!

BobPalma
07-14-2013, 09:59 PM
That's one of Dick Quinn's window stickers.

I realize that, Matt, since there was no such thing as a window sticker in 1956.

Unless we had a copy of the Production Order and it noted Directional Signals as an ordered, separate, accessory option, we really can't say for sure one way or another.

It might have even become one of those things like undercoat in later years; still specified as an option, but you got it automatically whether you wanted it or not. (Of course, undercoating wasn't a federal law, either! ;)) <GGG> :D

I was glad to see the selling dealer listed; it saved me looking up the two President Classics sold new by Palma-Rhoads Motors in 1956, to see if it was one of them. But one of them had factory air conditioning, so I knew it wasn't that one! :cool: BP

Sdude
07-14-2013, 11:09 PM
That is a beautiful car. If I was going to get another Studebaker, that would be the one. Love the color and the interior.

BIN price seems reasonable to me. You can't restore one to that condition for that kind of money.

Milaca
07-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I like it! The car has a lot of style.

David
07-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Nice car. I love the 56 President model. I don't understand these statements: "Mechanically, very little has ever been done, nor is anything needed."
...and...
"Overall, this is probably one of the nicest original and unmolested '56 President Classics you'll ever find."

It just seems to be completely inaccurate and contradictory to the rest of the description. Just an observation. Not a big deal. I just don't understand it and I guess I really don't need to.

The sticker on the worn out spare is a nice touch.

mbstude
07-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Nice car. I love the 56 President model. I don't understand these statements: "Mechanically, very little has ever been done, nor is anything needed."
...and...
"Overall, this is probably one of the nicest original and unmolested '56 President Classics you'll ever find."

It just seems to be completely inaccurate and contradictory to the rest of the description. Just an observation. Not a big deal. I just don't understand it and I guess I really don't need to.

The sticker on the worn out spare is a nice touch.

What is inaccurate? I wrote the ad, and if something isn't right, I'll gladly fix my mistakes. The car has never had any major mechanical work, the biggest things being oil and valve stem seals. And aside from seat covers, a partial repaint, and an engine detail, the car is original and unmolested. It has never been apart.

As far as the spare tire, Matt just called and told me that its one of the originals from the car from 1956. He put the sticker from the new Cokers on it. Easy enough to remove if you buy the car.

jackb
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
door panel cardboard replaced ??

studegary
07-15-2013, 08:55 PM
That is a very nice car and a desirable, good driving model.
I like the way that the one non-stock item is pointed out.
The red ball on the antenna takes me back. They were handed out by Atlantic (later ARCO) stations and stood for Red Ball Service.