hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: hood

I need the frt half of a ck hood I mite take the whole hood for a 1953/54 stude I have a 55 wagon I put a 54 frt end on it wrap around windshield I used a 54 sedan hood don't like the look if anybody has a hood let me no

Grafting hood parts between C/k and sedan/wagon would be quite an exercise. My 55 c/k hood was not square when we started and it took $7500 for a good body shop to reverse the damage of lining up a front end with a wonky hood. I like the 55 wagons. Pics?
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I put a 54 frt sheet medal on the wagon I grafted 54 sedan and 55 togeather I just don't like the look of the hood car look great im going to change the hood the frt end was a ton of work you would think it was a bolt on that's what I thought no way I always like to do things the hardway just put fuel inj chevy in a lark cars done a lot of work ill try to send pics

Comment

I would think you would have a heck of a time getting a low '53-'54 C/K Hood to clear the taller Sedan/Wagon Radiator and surround plate which are controlled by the taller Fenders and inner fenders after you go to all the trouble to shorten it.
        Not to mention the different Fender angle/slope.

It will have a thousand cuts, splices and welds, but it may be possible.
        I see that you ARE known as Cut it UP!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I already used the ck grille shell plus the ck rad its been a lot of work about eight years worth

Comment

How about using a fiberglass C/K hood instead of cutting up a rare steel hood? I know that the cutting and fitting will have to be done in a different manner, but mistakes/changes would probably be easier to correct/do.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X