PDA

View Full Version : new shop addition

swvalcon
07-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Just put up my new sign. Was a gift from the wife for no reason but think it looks good there. Sure adds to the front of my building. Hope to do some land scaping and add apron for door this fall.

JoeHall
07-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Steve that is right on target ! I have had a 42" porcelain Stude dealer sign for the past 25 years or so, that goes where ever I go. It is currently on the front side of my attached garage here at the house. IMHO, every SDCer should have a big Stude sign proudly displayed.
Wonder if your sign will reel in any business for you. I am sure Stude owners drive by there every day or so.

Chris Pile
07-14-2013, 05:03 PM
That is one handsome sign!
Color me green with envy.

rknight89
07-14-2013, 05:10 PM
If I were driving down the road and saw that sign, I'd know that would be a good place to stop if assistance was ever needed. If it were a gallon of water in the radiator or a few psi in a tire and probably even more involved problems, I'm sure help would be provided. Guess I should go hang my Studebaker sign too.

tony58
07-14-2013, 05:56 PM
That looks great.Don't let the "American Picker"boys see that...
tony

Silverplate
07-14-2013, 07:50 PM
It would be great if someone made a nice repro of one of those signs!

JimC
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
It would be great if someone made a nice repro of one of those signs!I know a guy locally who can make replicas of just about any sign, in any size. To my knowledge he doesn't do porcelain signs or any old style production, but he can do translucent signs (for back lighting), rigid weather-resistant polymer, and I think even vinyl printing on tin/steel core, which might actually look pretty close to original. It can be pricey though. depending on how big you want it to be.

swvalcon
07-14-2013, 09:38 PM
From what I was told this is a repro. The wife got it from her ex who deals in signs and memrobila at mecum and those kind of auctions. He said the guy made like 25-50 and then wont make any more unless some one wants some. Guess he makes all kinds of stuff.

Milaca
07-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Looks good Steve, would look even better with the door up and the front of your Hawk looking out at us. :)

57pack
07-14-2013, 11:02 PM
That is one handsome sign!
Color me green with envy.
Yes! Me to!
Would look good on my garage as well!
Have to talk to my wife.