PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Transmission Visor Insert???

61LaRk4dr
07-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Hello All,

My dad just recently purchased a 1952 Commander Starliner Hardtop. I wanted to give him a resent for his newly acquired vehicle, but I am not sure where to start. I am not even sure such a thing exists, but I am looking for a Automatic Transmission visor insert that looks like the one in the attached photo.

If the picture does not load, what I am looking for is a cardboard sleeve that fitted over the passenger side sun visor that explained how the Automatic Transmission works. I would imagine such a thing exists in the form of a reproduction? Please let me know and thank you for your help.

rockne10
07-14-2013, 01:54 AM
I've had it reproduced on the original green stock, as well as the sixteen-page owner's guide for the glove box. Appropriate for the '50-'52 Commander & Land Cruiser, not the Champion.
Send a PM. $20 for both, includes postage.25638

And, I suspect it was originally slipped over the driver's side visor. It did the passenger little good.:rolleyes:

studegary
07-14-2013, 06:35 PM
I have an original from a 1953 Commander Starliner. It is heavy greenish paper with black printing on front and rear. It is item W719. I do not know if this is the same as used in 1952.
I agree that it goes on the driver's side sun visor.

ltctmwod
10-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Do you still have the visor and glove box guides for sale?
tom

rockne10
10-21-2014, 07:49 PM
I do, Tom!
And I must apologize. I got mail in my spam folder from you and checked the forum "notifications" and it wasn't there. I assumed it was spam and posted such in a thread to the forum. Upon further information I have requested our moderator delete my erroneous thread.
(more recent edit) Which he has done!
Thank you , Clark !

Tom,
Since I did not receive your PM I must assume the forum software requires more than your three posts to enable that communication. I'll send you mine and you can respond directly to my email.