Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a shop in South Florida

Hey guys,

I am in need of a nice body shop in South Florida (Broward or Dade counties, Palm Beach can work if its a really good shop).
    Car needs plenty of body work and paint and I do not have the resources for it. Also need to do an engine and tranny overhaul.

Any suggestions of quality shops is greatly appreciated.

Alejo

Turn key original survivor 55 President hard top needing nothing available to you cheaper than having your car restored. pm me jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Alejo,
      I know this is not an answer to your question, and hope not to insult, but unless you are a millionaire, or your car is highly desirable & rare, i.e. a Golden Hawk, Jimmijim's offer is worth investigation. Trust me, paint & body work now days is more than most people realize, and finding a competent person to work on the Stude's motor/tranny can be a whole nother venture. If I ever bought another Stude, it would be one that needs nothing.
      Last edited by JoeHall; 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

My great-grandfather is the original owner of the car so it is worth every penny.. It doesnt need major work though. I am not looking for any other car to buy either, This car has been in the family for 58 years and I just want to bring it back to its original state. Thanks for the input though.

Any info on any shop is great appreciated

Comment

The Creative Workshop is a full-service classic and specialty vehicle restoration and coachbuilding business, specializing in the authentic concours restoration of rare, exotic and one-off cars.
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Alejo View Post
            My great-grandfather is the original owner of the car so it is worth every penny.. It doesnt need major work though. I am not looking for any other car to buy either, This car has been in the family for 58 years and I just want to bring it back to its original state. Thanks for the input though.

Any info on any shop is great appreciated
            That changes everything. I would suggest Bo Markham, as a good point man in Florida. Anything he cannot do to help, he can probably point you in the direction of someone who can help. He's on here sometime. You could look him up and IM him.

Comment

Oh I've seen your car, It didn't look as though it needed much body work in the pics. Unless it actually needs it, or you can aford I wouldn't do a complete overhaul.

Comment

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I will get in contact with both Bo and the shop mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
                X