• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Avanti - 1962 Concept Car

(copy)
    1962 Avanti design study

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Interesting
    Ford had the name first?

I see similarities of the Matador as well as Vega. Then again I just woke up tired eyes can see crazy things.

Very cool concept photos in the article link. Passed it along to some Mustang nuts at work.
    Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-12-2013, 04:30 AM.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

The rear end of this car and this Thunderbird concept are remarkably similar: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=thunderbird

Craig

Comment

It's interesting that the photo is dated 7-12-62...Studebaker had already introduced the "real" Avanti by then as '63 models.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

It made me think of this car , the Glas GT from the same time frame.
          here is a link to pics on Google .

Bill H
          Daytona Beach
          SDC member since 1970
          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            It's interesting that the photo is dated 7-12-62...Studebaker had already introduced the "real" Avanti by then as '63 models.
            That is what I was thinking. The Studebaker Avanti was not only introduced by then, but was in its second month of production.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That may be,but Studebaker built a superior body shape to go with the name.as usual Studebaker built smoother crisper seamless looking cars,ahead of the rest.
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                That may be,but Studebaker built a superior body shape to go with the name.as usual Studebaker built smoother crisper seamless looking cars,ahead of the rest.
                Of course, no bias is involved... ;-)
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I pulled that from deep with-in my heart <G>
                  Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                  Of course, no bias is involved... ;-)
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The rear third of that Ford concept makes me think: First generation Valiant.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This Avanti would likely have also been equipped with a 289 (if it debuted as a 1965 model) or it could have used the big block 352. I guess Ford liked copying Studebaker-Packard.
                      The rear of the car looks Italian in design to me. The nose/front end looks a bit too long. What does the very front look like? Does it have a grill like a traditional car?
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                      X