Click image for larger version

Name:	PD_0007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1739929Click image for larger version

Name:	PD_0008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1739928 Here's a couple of photos of Pete in '97. He looked really nice then - fresh from being reborn after being totalled in '95. I hadn't driven him 20 miles when we set out for South Bend in June 97. Pete went to SB - onto Michigan - and back to California without skipping a beat. The only thing that gave me grief was the aftermarket cruise control I'd added. That and the Ladybug that clogged the fuel filter neck at one point.
    One photo shows Pete on a two-lane somewhere in Nebraska. The other shot shows him parked between some of the leafy letters of the STUDEBAKER sign on the old proving grounds. Wife and I shared a picnic lunch there the last day of our stay in South Bend.
    It was a fun adventure to take Pete there and back. I'm glad I did it then. I doubt that it would be as much fun some 16 years older.

Well, thru the magic of the NET - or whatever, I see I also posted a pic of a famous eatery. I'll bet some of you recognize this place. Or, just read the name on the menus.
    Attached Files
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

That is one very nice lookin truck!

I have found when we hold onto a Stude a long time, it makes for lots of memories. Like the 62 GT I've owned since 1985. I recall when my now 32 year old son could lay across the back seat and neither head nor foot would touch either arm rest. It would be hard to ever sell the car, mainly because of all the memories.

I bet you have lots of memories with that truck.

Comment

Yeah, I won't be buried in it, but it'll be with me as long as is practical. I acquired Pete in '89.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What's up with the blue fenders? I figure I'd ask while Pete's the subject. Why won't you be buried in it Do you maybe have a more deserving car?

Comment

Clearly The Toasty Shop[pe], Bob. Thanks for the retro-peek.

The man standing at the lunch counter in the center of the photo is almost exactly where Sherwood Egbert was sitting with his morning coffee and cigarette(s) of the hour when cousin George and I were there and too bashful to approach him in the summer of 1963. BP
          Last edited by BobPalma; 07-11-2013, 05:01 AM.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The blue fenders went on right after 9/11

Comment

Working...
            X