A shot in the dark on dealer invoices #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A shot in the dark on dealer invoices #1

Some years ago, I purchased a box of paper at one of the York Swap Meets not really knowing what I was purchasing other than a dealer's trash. After all these years I finally got the major part of the paper in order. What I basically bought were the Studebaker Corp. invoices to a New Jersey dealership between April 1963 and April 1966. It may not be inclusive as it was a 'throw it in the box' cleaning out process. But, its very interesting.

I have invoices for the following GT Hawks sold by C-D Motors in Trenton, NJ. Almost all of them include the date sold, the original buyer's name, and data concerning the financial transaction. There may be one or two dealer to dealer invoices included. Of course most of the data appears that one would find on a factory production order, but then a lot more that may have meaning to an owner.

I will provide a professional copy of all paper for an individual vehicle, packaged safely, and shipped to a buyer for a pre-paid $2 fee per copy. Just trying to cover expenses.

Probably many of these vehicles no longer exist. But if you are interested, contact me at-
    Frank Drumheller
    510 Birdie Road
    Locust Grove, VA 22508
    or
    email- f60s-w6@hotmail.com
    or
    telephone (540)412-9577
    or reply here.

I have an invoice for the following 63-64 GT Hawks-
    Serial # 63V-27426
    Serial # 63V-29345
    Serial # 63V-32521
    Serial # 63V-32587
    Serial # 63V-34016

Serial # 64V-3311
    Serial # 64V-4092
    Serial # 64V-10068
    Serial # 64V-11290
    Serial # 64V-20075

I hope you own one!!! Good Luck

Frank Drumheller
    60S-W6
    M16-52 1948 Boyer-bodied fire truck
    Last edited by studelark; 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Five 1963 Hawks is not surprising, but I think that five 1964 Hawks from one dealer, that is not in one of the major citys, is unusual. Two of the 1963s were built within 66 V8 units of each other. They may have been ordered together.

That is a nice offer that you are making. I hope that one of the owners conacts you.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Please let us know if anyone takes you up on your kind offer (or the similar one you made for Larks). I'd be interested to know whether any of the cars are still around.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
      X