PDA

View Full Version : Stepside Champ Bed?

WorkInProgress
07-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm rebuilding a '62 champ, and I'm looking for an earlier champ stepside for it, because the dodge bed that came stock just doesn't look right. If anybody has one kicking around they're looking to sell, or know of someone who does, please let me know. I have some various Stude parts to trade or sell as well, I have a complete Champ front end, 5 studebaker rims, and a 1962 straight six motor with a paired three speed transmission.

mmagic
07-06-2013, 11:40 PM
If I remember, Richard Hinchcliff in Buckeye had one.

bill matwijec
07-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Go to Craigslist utica ny , type in studebaker in search there is one there. I dont know if its what u are looking for but good luck.

studegary
07-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Another solution is to narrow the bed that you have. They look good when the bed is not wider than the cab.

Warren Webb
07-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Some have use a Ranger bed that has the "Flareside" fenders. Perhaps Craig can post a picture. He usually has one!

Sam Ensley
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
There was a fellow at the Glendale, AZ meet a couple of years ago who made some molds from Dodge truck fenders and then cast his fenders in fiberglass. That was one of the best-looking rigs I've seen. The Dodge fenders fit the profile of the Champ cab better.