Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a 53 Hardtop???? Check this one out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 53 Hardtop???? Check this one out.

Here is a 53 54 Hardtop for sale in Sacramento right now. While I have no vested interest in the car, in the spirit of full disclosure, it's my son's car. And only $3500.
    I told him he had it priced way too cheap, but he and his wife just had a baby and I can't take the car right now. So....... someone should jump all over this fast.

Last edited by sals54; 07-04-2013, 09:05 PM.
    sals54

Is this his only stude? Looks like a great starting point, a car I would have been interested in if I didn't already buy one. Not like it can hide any rust and a running driving 53 hardtop for 3500 is a major deal I hope it goes to a good home.

Comment

Hey Sal -

Pretty cool...and WAY too cheap..!
      But...is the basic car a 53, 54, or 55? With the 55 front fenders and dash...hard to tell from out here in the WWW..!

Mike

P.s. - ha, now I see the add says it's a 55...
      Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 07-04-2013, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Man I'm tempted! Love those Loewy HT's, and I'm close by. Do I need another project?.....does "need" have anything to do with it?

Might have to take a look (famous last words)
        1996 Impala SS
        1967 Jag XKE FHC
        1963 Avanti R2
        1963 Avanti R1
        1956 Packard Patrician
        1948 Jag Mk IV DHC
        1909 Hupmobile Model 20

Comment

If I had the spare $4500, it would be in my garage.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I assume that is bare metal we are looking at, he's got almost $3500 worth of sanding in that thing already! Certainly less rust and crappy paint to deal with than my swap car...
            Corley

Comment

I'm with GTHawkwind, If I didn't already buy my Starlight, I'd be very tempted to buy this.
              www.spannerbird.com
              Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

Tell him to hang in there. I had to sell my 1942 brand X daily driver after my 10 day old son had to go into the hospital. He is fine now, and I pick at him about him costing me my car. I tell everyone it was a pretty good trade though. You can always get another car. This year my two sons, 15 and 9, have drug a 63 lark out of a barn for my new daily driver. It was cheap and we are building memories. If I had the money it would be a road trip in our future. Good luck and congrats on the little one.
                sigpic
                Tim Johnston
                Collierville TN

Comment

Its originally a 55 Champion. He did the sanding himself. He was getting it ready for primer and paint, but ended up loving the look so much, he kept it at bare metal. That in itself is worth a grand just cuz you can see exactly what you're getting on the body. The interior has all the carpet removed and there is no rust in the floors either. I'm not begging anyone to take it, but for anyone looking for one, this is a deal that can't be beat. You Mid West guys should know more than most how expensive bodywork is.
                  sals54

Comment

TIME for the 300.00 MAACO

Looks as if you could get a 300.00 MAACO {red} and sell at 7000. + Thus you could really rake in the cash. Is that car supposed to have stainless trim around the windshield and backglass? cheers jimmijim
                    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                    Its originally a 55 Champion. He did the sanding himself. He was getting it ready for primer and paint, but ended up loving the look so much, he kept it at bare metal. That in itself is worth a grand just cuz you can see exactly what you're getting on the body. The interior has all the carpet removed and there is no rust in the floors either. I'm not begging anyone to take it, but for anyone looking for one, this is a deal that can't be beat. You Mid West guys should know more than most how expensive bodywork is.
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                    X