Nashville Craiglist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Craiglist

Are there only 100 1955 Hawks in existence?

On Music Row. Wonder if it is out of the old car museum? And used to snuggle up to one of Elvis' cars late at night when the museum lights were out.

Cabrina Dieters
    1950 Champion Starlight Coupe
    Murfreesboro TN

1st year for the Hawk was 1956 so i would say that is a rare bird..

Erin Hays
    "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
    RZRECTD
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Lark
    1963 Wagonaire

Comment

1st year for the Hawk was 1956 so i would say that is a rare bird..

Erin Hays
      RZRECTD
      1961 Hawk
      1962 Lark
      1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Erin, do you think it could be a 1956 Hawk titled late in 1955 or actually a Speedster?

Cabrina

Comment

Erin, do you think it could be a 1956 Hawk titled late in 1955 or actually a Speedster?

Cabrina

Comment

another thing i just thought of that isnt spot on, but in 1955 they had no colors that looked like salmon not saying it couldnt have been painted but if it suppose to be the original collr it would be salmon there is 1 color in 56 that could fade and be salom and 1 that isny really salmon but someone a little colorblind might think it is..

Erin Hays
            RZRECTD
            1961 Hawk
            1962 Lark
            1963 Wagonaire

Comment

another thing i just thought of that isnt spot on, but in 1955 they had no colors that looked like salmon not saying it couldnt have been painted but if it suppose to be the original collr it would be salmon there is 1 color in 56 that could fade and be salom and 1 that isny really salmon but someone a little colorblind might think it is..

Erin Hays
              RZRECTD
              1961 Hawk
              1962 Lark
              1963 Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by cabrina

My thought was that the original state that titled the car used the date of original sale as the vehicle year. I'd guess a '56 Hawk titled in '55. Too bad there are no pictures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by cabrina

My thought was that the original state that titled the car used the date of original sale as the vehicle year. I'd guess a '56 Hawk titled in '55. Too bad there are no pictures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

my guess is with Tom.... call the guy and see if he will send you pictures via email...

Erin Hays
                    RZRECTD
                    1961 Hawk
                    1962 Lark
                    1963 Wagonaire

Comment

my guess is with Tom.... call the guy and see if he will send you pictures via email...

Erin Hays
                      RZRECTD
                      1961 Hawk
                      1962 Lark
                      1963 Wagonaire

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by 1961HAWK

I'll give him a call in the morning and see if I can go look at the baby or get some pics. If it's a museum car I'll see who might have owned it. Phone number doesn't match the "Car Hall of Fame" though so it could just be owned by some Music Row Recording Studio.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by 1961HAWK

I'll give him a call in the morning and see if I can go look at the baby or get some pics. If it's a museum car I'll see who might have owned it. Phone number doesn't match the "Car Hall of Fame" though so it could just be owned by some Music Row Recording Studio.

Comment

Working...
                          X