PDA

View Full Version : 1961 Hawk--SOLD !! Today

Brewster
07-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Started buying parts today--Grill, hood scoop insert and headlight doors.Now have rear bumper too --7-11-2013.-Got lower grill's w/park-lights, today along with rear fin ends ,door stainless spears, Studebaker script's, trunk letters and MORE, it is costing me but I just feel it needs to be done.---------------.----Also got a battery.Car can still be had , with or with out parts Thanks to all :)------------------------------- --Just a reminder to that newcomer in the Stude world--I will let you make payments (with-in reason) to get you into this -- I guess I am over trustworthy , but this is SO ready to get back on the road and has the trim removed to be painted--You gotta love the Hawk's.

EVEN MORE STUFF !---Today 7-12-2013 Got a whole lot more --rear valance from trunk out- both taillights (complete----Front bumper--extra door handle's (inside and out)--door sill trim---windshield garnish--there is more , just can't think of it all right now.call if interested (913) 208-5844!--

StudeRich
07-02-2013, 10:48 PM
It appears to me that since this post was not added to the other string about this Car, the link to it is now needed to get the complete story;

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?72823-Bought-another-Hawk-May-sell-the-61-Hawk

Brewster
07-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Thank's to StudeRich for keeping me up on how things are done--I'm pretty new to the site , but not to my desire of the South Bend beauties--alway's wanted something a little different, after (11) Edsel's (still have (2) ) realized that these little Hawks are one of my favorite.--My newest '59 Silver Hawk will be here soon, and staying,but just don't want to devote my time to two of these.--So if anybody want's it ( the '61 Hawk), please call me , I will make you a really good deal on it-- Just spent $300 on some nice parts that will be included and will still honor that $3,250 price.--I have located some other scarce '61 trim , if you need that lead--Thanks for looking ---Brewster (913) 208-5844---Just a reminder, I am in the Kansas City area.

Brewster
07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Note:I now have it listed on (4) other sites at $3,750--if you want to buy it and even leave it here for a time--it will not be in my way until transport is arranged.--If you are like many of us , you already have tonage of car's and left-behind parts, but then there's that "WANT" thing, so--if you want to even send a deposit ,make a couple of payment's, let's make it easy, especially for the new guy just getting started --at my age (65) I can remember people giving me some of the best deals ,when I had almost no money.

Brewster
07-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Lowering my asking price to $3250 on the '61 Hawk.

Brewster
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Anyone interested

GThawkwind
07-08-2013, 09:46 PM
You know if I hadn't bought a car already I'd be all over this one. I know a guy in Nebraska who is parting out a 60, four hours up there is a guy in minnesota parting out a 58. Finding trim wouldn't be that hard. Mybe if you can't what it's worth you should just finish sourcing the important trim and put it back together yourself, you'll probably make more money that way.

Brewster
07-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I have been buying some and doing a search all over and DID find the side trim here in K.C. for the quarters.--Got a nice grill and headlight rings and some other goodies on the way.

GThawkwind
07-09-2013, 08:48 AM
maybe you should bolt them back on just to make it look a little more complete.

Brewster
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Update on parts--Just spent some more money --got lower grill's and more (another ($525) car can still be had.

Brewster
07-13-2013, 08:49 AM
New price this weekend only !!!

studefan
07-13-2013, 09:24 AM
It seems that you continue to buy parts for a car that you are trying to sell. That's not usually a good investment as experience has shown that you rarely get your money back out of the parts that you add.

kurtruk
07-13-2013, 09:36 AM
But it CAN help to sell the car, which seems to be his objective here.

Brewster
07-16-2013, 06:48 PM
SOLD !! Today.