Opinons on sms upholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinons on sms upholstery

I am looking for your opinions on SMS upholstery work. If you have positive feedback, it is OK to put on this website. If you have other feedback, please PM me
    THANKS

I think with SMS there are Two categories to consider; the one you mentioned "upholstery work" meaning finished Seat/Door/Floor covers and "Automotive Interior Materials".

Everyone seems very happy with the later, you don't hear much about the former, except long lead time which is to be expected with a smaller Co.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks StudeRich
      I should have been more clear. I am interested in the "Automotive Interior Materials" and also about the carpet. Does Doug form the carpet for a given car, and how is the fit? Thanks to all for your help

Comment

I live very near SMS and talk to car guys every year at the annual Canby Cruise-in about them. Most of what I have heard has been very positive. They seem to have a wide selection and most of the time they can get you what you need in a timely manner. Lately I have heard some less than glowing feedback. If you need more information you can contact me directly via PM. (I honestly have never done that so do not know how it is done.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ed, I sent you a pm.
          Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          I live very near SMS and talk to car guys every year at the annual Canby Cruise-in about them. Most of what I have heard has been very positive. They seem to have a wide selection and most of the time they can get you what you need in a timely manner. Lately I have heard some less than glowing feedback. If you need more information you can contact me directly via PM. (I honestly have never done that so do not know how it is done.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I purchased flat and pleated OEM dark red vinyl and non-OEM piping for my 1963 Hawk back in 2008 and was very pleased. I gave them dimensions for the pleat width and they dielectricly pleated the flat vinyl and it looked just like Studebaker had done it. I also purchased dark red cut-pile carpet which they sewed together and I think it looks great. At the same time, I ordered extra yardage for rebuilding my door panels and I placed a piece on the rear dash behind the rear seat. I have nothing bad to say about them as I had a very positive experience with them.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

SMS custom made the Seafoam green and cream vinyl for the Kart Hauler...

On time. Perfect match. Quality material.
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have seen some of their work and it is very impressive but you will have to be very patient with them. Plan about a year ahead.

Chris.

Comment

I have had good luck. One point if you are buying material from them, insist that it all comes as one piece from the same roll. Sometimes there can be weave or slight color variances.

Comment

Working...
                  X