56 flighthawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 flighthawk

Hi there, you might remember me, I posted about a year ago about getting a 56 Flighthawk, well it's finally happening. I went down to the coast (Vancouver Island) on my holidays and put all the brakes back together and new master cylinder and hill saver. Finally got the car running so hopefully it will be shipped next week to Alberta.

Could anyone tell me any info from the VIN? I think this is the #, I called and this is the only number my Mother could find, it was on the door plate. G765652

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have pics of it in the next week or two.

John

Yes Canadian Built '56 Champion 6's started at G763701, so it is a Canadian '56 Champion. The body type (C3) Flight Hawk Coupe is on the small tag on the engine side of the firewall on the passenger side. It tells you the body line sequence number, that's about it.

quote:Originally posted by bruin

Could anyone tell me any info from the VIN? I think this is the #, I called and this is the only number my Mother could find, it was on the door plate. G765652
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes Canadian Built '56 Champion 6's started at G763701, so it is a Canadian '56 Champion. The body type (C3) Flight Hawk Coupe is on the small tag on the engine side of the firewall on the passenger side. It tells you the body line sequence number, that's about it.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi there, you might remember me, I posted about a year ago about getting a 56 Flighthawk, well it's finally happening. I went down to the coast (Vancouver Island) on my holidays and put all the brakes back together and new master cylinder and hill saver. Finally got the car running so hopefully it will be shipped next week to Alberta.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have pics of it in the next week or two.

John
        Could it be one of the rare hardtops (K body) that were produced by the Hamilton plant? Here is a photo of one in Alberta.

Craig

Craig

Comment

John
          Could it be one of the rare hardtops (K body) that were produced by the Hamilton plant? Here is a photo of one in Alberta.

Craig

Craig

Comment

I believe that there were 4389 Flight Hawk coupes (C body) and 560 Flight Hawk hardtops (K body).

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I believe that there were 4389 Flight Hawk coupes (C body) and 560 Flight Hawk hardtops (K body).

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Pekka

President State Coupe 1955 and Golden Hawk 1958
                sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Pekka

President State Coupe 1955 and Golden Hawk 1958
                  sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Are all hawk body parts interchangable? or will only 56 hawks fit my flight hawk?

Comment

Are all hawk body parts interchangable? or will only 56 hawks fit my flight hawk?

Comment

Most 1956 to 1961 Hawk body parts are physically interchangeable with your car, but there are some differences. The hood and trunk lid are unique to 1956 Hawks. 1953-'55 Starlight/Starliner (depending on whether you have a C or K body) and 1956 Hawk (correct C or K) doors are okay.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Most 1956 to 1961 Hawk body parts are physically interchangeable with your car, but there are some differences. The hood and trunk lid are unique to 1956 Hawks. 1953-'55 Starlight/Starliner (depending on whether you have a C or K body) and 1956 Hawk (correct C or K) doors are okay.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

so I should have no problem with finding a radio antenna and a taillite lens. would it be cheaper to get a rear bumper rechomed or just find another one?

Comment

so I should have no problem with finding a radio antenna and a taillite lens. would it be cheaper to get a rear bumper rechomed or just find another one?

Comment

Working...
                              X