Looking for a ROSS "SL" steering gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a ROSS "SL" steering gear

Got a 59 v8Hawk. Does any know of any rebuilt ones or a Good used one? Thanks tony

Originally posted by R59hawk View Post
    Got a 59 v8Hawk. Does any know of any rebuilt ones or a Good used one? Thanks tony
    Tony

It took a while to dig it out (and remember it) but I have a Ross box #SL545998 or close to that number.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1682548

It appears to be in decent shape and the oil was clear, as you can see. I didn't intend to show the oil but stuff happens.

The good news, it's free. The bad news, it's in Michigan.

If you are interested, I'll open it up and get a couple of shots of the parts and I'll disassemble it for shipping if you need it. Shipping is your dime, of course.

It came out of a 58 that I pulled the front suspension off of for the power steering, since gone.

Bob

Comment

What a sweetheart deal, from a sweet guy.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
        What a sweetheart deal, from a sweet guy.
        Absolutely, sweet-ol-bob lives up to his name. I bought Avanti used disc brake parts from him last year and they were MUCH better than he described - heck of a guy! Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob and Dave. I'll just bump this a couple of times to see if the poster sees it.

Bob

Comment

Bumping in case the poster needs time to see it. Also sent a PM but no reply. If anyone else needs it, same price. Just setting here leaking oil on my cooler otherwise.

Bob

Comment

Crickets!!! Apparently the OP either found one or doesn't need it all that bad, so I'll just bump one more time in case he or someone else that needs one sees this.

Otherwise, It'll get buried back in the pile of orphaned parts in the back of the pole barn.

Bob

Comment

Bob, I think your price is too low! Try 100 bucks plus shipping and you'll probably get some takers.

Comment

Working...
                X