• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS 1959-1962 Lark Fenders

FYI
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

One will have too determine what they fit,59,60 and Champ or 61-63.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Sure are purty, though. Someone should buy 'em up to make fiberglass molds with.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Dan Weber indicated at South Bend that he still had some lark fiberglass fenders to sell and would like to sell his molds. That might be a cheaper option than making new ones.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I felt that they are quite expensive. But then, I haven's seen them in "person." I didn't think that the '59-'60 Lark fenders would fit the '61 to '63 Larks.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Makes me remember when we bought NOS '59-'60 Lark fenders for $10 and NOS '61-'63 Lark fenders for $40.
            I know that is ancient history, but the price still seems high to me. The price looks more appropriate for C/K fenders.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The price seems high even if it was for for C/K fenders. You could probably find them at a better price at a major Studebaker swap meet !!! But I'm a C.A.S.C.O.

Comment

My understanding (which may be faulty - correct me if I'm wrong!) is that on all the Larks and Champs up through '63, the fenders will all bolt on, but the big difference is the bottom area. The lower portion of the fenders on Champs are a bit longer, so you'll need to unbend the fold at the bottom to get them to look right with the truck. The 59-60 Larks had rounded bottoms to match the rounded rocker panels, and the 61-63 larks had more square rockers, so they require a more squared fender bottom. None of these are impossible to modify on any fender, though for $1,500, I'd expect them not only to be the right fit for the application, but to be delivered by cherubs, on a golden pillow.
                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I have a couple of fiberglass 59-60 Lark fenders that I never used. I originally bought them from Dan Webber. $200 for the pair. DC/Md area.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

JimC, I have the same understanding as you do relative to the differences in the fenders.
                    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Jim, ya I think the 59,60 Lark/Champ fenders are about 3/4" longer on the bottoms.
                      Originally posted by JimC View Post
                      My understanding (which may be faulty - correct me if I'm wrong!) is that on all the Larks and Champs up through '63, the fenders will all bolt on, but the big difference is the bottom area. The lower portion of the fenders on Champs are a bit longer, so you'll need to unbend the fold at the bottom to get them to look right with the truck. The 59-60 Larks had rounded bottoms to match the rounded rocker panels, and the 61-63 larks had more square rockers, so they require a more squared fender bottom. None of these are impossible to modify on any fender, though for $1,500, I'd expect them not only to be the right fit for the application, but to be delivered by cherubs, on a golden pillow.
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I was lucky enough to find/buy a NOS pair of 1961-63 Lark fenders at this springs South Bend swap meet for $300. A former Studebaker employee had them up in his barn, he passed away and his son found them while in the process of cleaning up the homestead so that his mother could move into town. Now I just have to decide which car is most deserving of them.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I guess I did alright perhaps 10 years ago at the L.A. Roadsters fathers day car show. I saw a nos t fender that I recognized for a Lark & asked "how much". The guy that owned it wasn't there so the other guy watching the area said to give him a bid, which I said $50.00. "Sounds good to me, it's yours" was the reply. I just moved it here from my "storage" in the south bay so if it cools down enough maybe next week I'll figure out just what years it will fit.
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                            If you were to set a 59-60 Lark next to a 61 you we see the difference in the 61s rocker panel being taller in height which makes the 59-60 fender short for them, but usable with work.
                            Tom
                            sigpic

Comment

and go to Ray F's site and see how he took the back edge of a NOS 64-66' front fender and grafted on to a 62-63'.......

Comment

Working...
                              X