Three in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three in a row

Well its been fun the last few weeks . First David is doing great after his quadruple bypass. His boss said to come back to work after Colorado Springs. Great news, Well he decided to go fishing got our 73 Jeep Wagoneer and the pontoon boat hooked up a coule of friend and Bobby. They head up to Pine Flat. They get to the last hill and the axle bearing came loose. It made some really awful sounds the axle and wheel banged around underneath poked a hole then proceeded to pass the Jeep and go off the side of the mountain. The wheel that is. Well his friend was behind and he hooked up the boat Bobby the son went down the mountain and retrieved the wheel. After a three hour wait the tow truck hauled the jeep home. After getting a used rear end ,gas tank and all the hoses cause new rear end was different 6 lug the Gas tank had to be relocated to the side of the frame. Anyhow its back on the road.
    So that brings us to number two. While the Jeep was down David was driving Gus our 1958 Transtar. He got about three blocks from home pushed in the clutch and the pedal went to the floor. the pivot arm broke so he limped on home. He had Bobby drop him off so he could look for the missing round piece that the rod goes through but he didn't find it. When I got home I heard the story and rode my bicycle down there and found it. So he made a new part and Gus is now fine.
    So I was wondering what number three was? David said he changed a bearing on the GoldenHawk air conditioning compressor that he didn't like the looks of. He said that was number three. Well today he found out what number three was. On his way to see his Granddaughter for her Birthday the throw out bearing on the GoldenHawk went out. So we are four days away from leaving for Colorado Springs and its Sunday afternoon and I'm searching for parts.
    WEll I called all my local parts guys and they say Tuesday. So I call StudeBob aka Bob Kabchef. He drops what he was doing and looks through his stash and low and behold he has what I need. So I ask Bob to go for a ride and we get out the 1954 Commander and head to Visalia about 45 minutes southeast of Fresno. We had a good visit and tomorrow David will pull the tranny and replace the bearing.
    I feel so much better now that number three has happened.
    Just thought that I would share.
    Thank You
    Roscomccaw aka StudeBob
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

I guess I should have asked about your throwout bearing not your tires! Don't let Dave pull that transmission and set it on his chest...
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Anne, I sure hope that the end of it. Looking forward to seeing you in Colorado Springs.

Pat
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Well, cars'll do that. The important thing is that all of you guys are OK! Could've been worse - especially the bit with the Wag.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks to Bob Kabchef and David & Bobby the GoldenHawk is now back on the road again. Good Roads
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Whew! Good to hear it all washed out OK, Anne. Safe travels to Colorado Springs. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gang, I've been knowin' Annie for some years now. I'm proud to say we consider one another: friend. There's NO ONE more good to tha bone than Anne and David. I could tell you what - of this current encounter - makes me say that, but that would spoil the magic. GOODman is a fitting moniker for this tribe. There just no two ways about it.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your three in a row of misfortune. If it helps, here's a case of three in a row that's not bad at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1680464

Of course it's technically 4, but the '53 was facing the wrong way. Kinda looks like an old dealership lot doesn't it?
                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Anne,
                  See you in the morning. Kathy and I are bringing the heads for Jack over and then going to look at a Stude I have my eye on.
                  Dan

Comment

.....just goes to show you what adventurse lie ahead with these old steeds....good to know this all happens "before" your trip....

Comment

Working...
                    X