Avanti Mag Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Avanti Mag Wheels

Anyone using these on an Avanti? The offset is the same as a factory wheel rim at 3.500". So that should give the proper clearance and car stance. Would the factory lug bolts be to short for the hole depths? What about factory disc caliber clearance? Sale ends this week but hesitant to order at the moment.

Start and Stage Your Studebakers

That price would definitely make me hesitate.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Haven't used those so couldn't address your fitment question. As to fasteners, they make the proper lug nuts to fit them on OEM studs.

You didn't ask but those probably wouldn't be my first choice on an Avanti - seen 'em on too many Chevelles. JMHO, if I were buying new aluminum wheels, I'd certainly consider stepping up to 16" or 17". Basically the same price and more choices both in wheels and tires.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

They're 15X6", which means they're 7" wide at the bead seat and with a 3.5" backspace they have zero offset. The Magnum 500 rims used on the Avanti II's have a +15mm offset to keep the tire satisfactorily under the fender. Granted 15mm (5/8") isn't much but depending on your tire choice, could make a big difference.
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

They're 15X6", which means they're 7" wide at the bead seat
          Probably just an oversight in choice of terminology, but a 6" wide wheel is 6" between the bead seating areas where the tire actually rides. It's probably 7" wide outside to outside, where the backspace/offset is measured. Thus, a 3.5" backspace on a 7" O/O wheel would in fact be zero offset
          jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

I have 15x6 -3.5 inch backspace on my 61 Hawk. They look just right[imo] and the tires 2.25/75 are about 3/4 inch inside the rear fender lip.
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
              It's probably 7" wide outside to outside, where the backspace/offset is measured.
              Exactly...
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
              X