53 Studebaker Champion front grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Studebaker Champion front grill

If you have a grill or know where to find one I would appreciate hearing from you.

Sedan or C-K?
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I also need "new" '53 / '54 C/K grills and bars (I'd go for either year, as my car is a '54, but I prefer the look of the '53s), but I really can't afford the going prices for them, so I plan to paint mine after some serious attention to all the pits. You are entering "unobtainium" territory here... Why doesn't someone repro these parts, and the headlight rings too. PS, I've NEVER seen a substitution that I like the look of as much as the stockers.
      Corley

Comment

I've been saying for YEARS, that someone with the skills (or money) ought to invest in having these critical pieces made in fibreglass. The '55 front sections too. Make em outta plastic and they could be "chromed" as well. Studebaker would've done that had they been able to.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by bprather View Post
          If you have a grill or know where to find one I would appreciate hearing from you.
          I have a complete grille set needing repair (not bad) and replating. For $4K you can have the whole set and the rust-free coupe that they belong on.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Roscomacaw-PM sent.

Comment

Reply sent

Comment

I have a set of 54 coupe grill bars , if someone needs them.
                Last edited by johnod; 08-03-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

It appears that none of these posts except Roscomacaw's have the critical info included:

Coupe/Hardtop OR Sedan/Wagon, 1953 or 1954? The Bars and Surrounds need to match each others' Year Model as well.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    It appears that none of these posts except Roscomacaw's have the critical info included:

Coupe/Hardtop OR Sedan/Wagon, 1953 or 1954? The Bars and Surrounds need to match each others' Year Model as well.
                    Posts #3 & #8 both state C/K or coupe.

The grille "bars" (parking light assemblies) for 1953 models are the same for C/K and sedan (no wagon).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      Posts #3 & #8 both state C/K or coupe.

The grille "bars" (parking light assemblies) for 1953 models are the same for C/K and sedan (no wagon).
                      Post 8, me, went back and edited. You sure sedan and coupe grill bars are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                        Post 8, me, went back and edited. You sure sedan and coupe grill bars are the same?
                        '53's, yes,
                        '54's, no.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Post #3 is me, and I clearly state I'd go for either year, as my car is a '54, but I prefer the look of the '53s. (I make NO attempt to keep the car stock, just trying to create the look that I like.)

Again, are you SURE the C/K and other models are the same? I didn't think they were, for some reason. I don't have a parts book to check...

Still, the point I wanted to make is I wish someone would repro these parts, and I think there is enough demand to warrant that investment now.
                          Corley

Comment

The coupe surrounds are different from the sedans for both 53 and 54 years. There is a difference in height.
                            The 54 coupe surrounds have extra holes to mount the toothed grill bar and the 53 does not have the holes.
                            The 53 sedan grill bars are the same as the 53 coupe grill bars.
                            I don't know whether there is a difference between the 54 sedan grill bar(toothed) and the 54 coupe grill bar without looking up the part number but I suspect that there would be a difference in height.
                            sigpic
                            Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Yes, for '53 the "bars" are the same for C/Ksand sedans. When they added the "teeth" in '54, the teeth for sedan/wagon cars had to be longer to reach to the surrounds of those lager-nostrilled cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X