Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude content but not a Stude, B17 bomber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude content but not a Stude, B17 bomber!

My shop is located at the airport in Springfield Il and we had a guest fly in for the week. Made my week for sure! Now for the Stude content, 3 of the 4 engines were Studebaker! Here's a video of the startup, amazingly quiet. Guess which powerplant didn't want to start? BTW enter key not working to start another paragraph, sorry for the bad layout.
    http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Sweet!!!
    When I saw her last year (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...mental+journey) the Stude R-1820s were in the number one (outboard left) and four (outboard right) position.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

We see it frequently as it is based at Falcon Field in Mesa,AZ.

Denny L
      Last edited by Green 53; 06-21-2013, 10:43 AM. Reason: Left out a word

Comment

I have one of those Studebaker engine plates in pretty fine shape. Can anyone answer why Studebaker was using that famous wheel design in the forties after they had dropped it around the mid thirties for their recognised red ball design?

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Now that's a NICE sound!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
            I have one of those Studebaker engine plates in pretty fine shape. Can anyone answer why Studebaker was using that famous wheel design in the forties after they had dropped it around the mid thirties for their recognised red ball design?
            Does it have nine spokes like the radial engines?
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I've seen Sentimental Journey twice and Aluminum Overcast (got a ride) once. Thanks for posting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3644_640.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1680421
              1936 Dictator
              1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
              1953 Commander Regal HT
              1953 2R5 Pickup
              1947 M16 Truck
              1960 Lark VIII Convertible
              1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
              1962 Champ 7E5 no box
              1962 GT Hawk
              1963 Lark VI 4 dr
              1963 GT Hawk R2
              1964 Daytona Convertible
              1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

I wonder if it was on it's way to the Quad City Airshow this weekend in Davenport. I was supposed to be working out there today with our VFW... but couldn't get enough to sign up to help. We are trying to raise $50,000 to sponsor an Honorflight (WWW.HONORFLIGHTQC.ORG) out of the Quad Cities. 23 flights have gone so far and I am signed up to be a guardian on #24.

Comment

I saw the Aluminum Overcast several years ago, AFAIR, it had 3 Studebaker engines and one without a plate.

Guess which engine had the oil leak? <G>

Originally posted by studeski View Post
                  I've seen Sentimental Journey twice and Aluminum Overcast (got a ride) once. Thanks for posting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24854[/ATTACH]
                  Ron Dame
                  '63 Champ

Comment

I was gonna be nice about it but since you brought it up, all the ones on this plane leaked, 3 of em was just a drip, the 4th one they had to put a towel under it to stop the puddle. Care to guess? Really wished I could have afforded a ride.
                    http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

I guess three got worse, one better. Hard to believe, but the three Studies were pretty much drip-free, the other had a big drip pan. But that was years ago...
                      Ron Dame
                      '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X