Supercharger Mounting Plate FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger Mounting Plate FS

I just found out today that one of the four Supercharger mounting plates made by my brother when he worked for Luke Manufacturing is for sale. Since the company was sold and the new buyer has no interest in making automotive parts and he has the program for making them in his machine, there will probably not be any more made. They originally sold for $600 each but one is for sale for $400.00 OBO plus shipping costs. These will mount any Paxton supercharger to a Studebaker V8 without the use of a special water manifold. The pulleys are readily available from Wiend and swap meets and other sources. I have the specs for the blower plate to water manifold standoffs and the pulley information. If you are interested please PM me quickly. Here are some pictures taken when it was made.

Hurry this won't last long.
    Dan

PM sent. jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

The plate has been sold. If another one becomes available I will post it here.
      Dan

Comment

Ok due to the request for more of these plates I have been working hard to make it happen. So here is the deal. I found a shop who is willing to make some more plates but the cost will depend on how many are made on one run. So the more plates they make on a single run the less they will cost. So if you might be interested please go to Racing Studebakers.com and look for the post under "Studebaker Powered Performance". You can add your request to the list and at the end of 30 days I will submit the count to the shop and get a price quote. If you like the price and want one then you can order one and send the money. I will make sure we have an approximate delivery date and will pass along shipping details so that you can figure out what it will cost to get it shipped to your shop or house. Limited time offer so act now.
        Dan

Comment

Will take one, Let me know the price.
          Thanks James Maxey III.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi. This is a bit off-topic but I'd like to know if anyone might know of a place (or places) that specializes in rebuilding the Paxton SN60 supercharger. I once saw an ad in Turning Wheels about a place in the States that does rebuild them, but I cannot find the ad, even after scouring the last year's worth of magazines. Thanks. Dave

Comment

Any pictures of this installed??

Is is a clean look? Might help get your numbers up..

Comment

Here is a picture of the plate with a Cog type belt. Picture the A/C mounted below the supercharger and the P/S pump under or over the alternator. The A/C could be mounted under or above the alternator also. Lots of options since the plate is strong and will support the pumps ect.

Dan

Comment

Found a nice shot of the stand off plates that we made for mounting the plate. They can be made in steel as well as aluminum. I still have these so they can be used to make more of them. The bolts, allen head, are available from Mc Masters and other outlets. Long 5/15" allen head bolts. I have those also for specs.

Comment

HTML Code:
                    Kerry, I am still looking for the information. Unfortunelty Luke Mnaufacturing was sold o a new owner and my brother no longer works there. 
                    They told him they have any of those old records anymore. Not sure but it appears that it was sent to Nash Solanski's address.
                     Please check with Nash as I no longer have any contact info for him and get back to me.
                     If I find any more information I will contact you immediately. Hope we can solve this mystery.
                    Dan

Dan, I have not heard back from you so I ran the info down on the plates that were made up.
                    I personally paid for the aluminum for the plates to be made, purchased from a metal supply house in California and sent to where your brother worked as that is where you wanted it. Several plates were made up, one was sent to Nimesh Solanki while Zach's was borrowed and kept by you to use on your Bonneville car and was supposed to be sent to Zach after the event was done. Both Zach and Nimesh sent you an extra 250.00 each to pay for the machining of their plates out of the aluminum I purchased.
                    Again, Zach never received his plate and is in the process of building his engine and would like you to send it to him at my address-
                    check your pm's
                    Last edited by Kdancy; 09-15-2013, 02:41 PM.
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X