Engine...Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Engine...Type

Hi, recently bought 1955 P/U E-7 with V8.. Was told by seller it was a 259 now I'm thinking it may be a 224?? Block number is V-335225, can anyone help me out... Got her tore down to frame was wanting to make sure before I start ordering parts.

Thanks...

This link should help: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/V8EngineID.asp

Comment

Thanks, I had tried that site before and couldn't cross my engine ID number. A couple of numbers were close but didn't match.

Comment

The way I read it .... it's a 259 out of a 55 Commander...

Comment

Great, Thanks for the help!

Comment

Just so you know, most all internal and many external parts are all the same on 224, 259 and 289 with the exception of the Pistons and Crankshaft, the '55 Oil Pumps and 6 Qt. Oil Pans are one-off items, '56 to '64 being the same.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK, appreciate the info.. Just found this forum about a week ago and can tell its going to be a big help when I start putting my P/U back together. Can't hardly believe all the Stu knowledge out there!!

Comment

Originally posted by rew View Post
                OK, appreciate the info.. Just found this forum about a week ago and can tell its going to be a big help when I start putting my P/U back together. Can't hardly believe all the Stu knowledge out there!!
                Welcome aboard from another 55 truck owner! Besides this forum, you would do yourself a big favor by buying the appropriate shop, body, and chassis manuals for your truck. Also, if you have not done it yet...join the SDC and your local chapter. Post some pics of your truck...we love pictures.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

A '55 E7 with a 259" and overdrive may be the best-looking best-driving Studebaker truck out there. Congrats on a great start.

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

I purchased a '55 E7 last October and I'm having fun tinkering with it. Mine has the original 224 V8 and it runs good but it is not the most powerful engine but I do think it is tough. I have no way of knowing if it was ever overhauled. I can run down the road and hold almost 40 psi of oil pressure. I do love the appearance of the '55 trucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X