No announcement yet.

Need to I.D. this wiper motor and plug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to I.D. this wiper motor and plug.

Wow. I now have working windows thanks to Jeff and am looking at getting working wipers so my heap is coming together. Anyhow I got this wiper motor when I got the car, it is not stock and is 12 volt, but bolts up like the factory unit. It is a Prestolite and the number on the case is "PMA 4002". I took the motor apart and the brushes and armature look good so I need to find a plug to wire into my car with a switch. This motor has a weird 4 prong plug having 2 male and 2 female ends. Being a Prestolite or Autolite I might assume Ford, but I do not know. Also where can I find wiper arms?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1738993Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1738994
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Go to your local FLAPS, Carquest, NAPA, whatever and tell them you want to look at a catalog of plugs. These are common enough they may have them in stock; can certainly order one. Heater and defroster motors, as well as distributors used identical half plugs. My local Carquest has these hanging on pegboard just inside their door. If necessary, you could mate two of those side by side.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I am pretty sure it is a '63-'64 Hawk 1351452 4 wire Prestolite/Autolite wiper motor.
      With wiring changes they fit all '53 to '64 C & K and all '53 to '60 Sedans and Wagons, no Fords.

A check of the wiring diagrams on studebakerpartsonline and Bob Johnstone's site will be necessary to figure out how to re-wire it from 4 to 3 wire or to the correct switch.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        I am pretty sure it is a '63-'64 Hawk 1351452 4 wire Prestolite/Autolite wiper motor.
        With wiring changes they fit all '53 to '64 C & K and all '53 to '60 Sedans and Wagons, no Fords.

A check of the wiring diagrams on studebakerpartsonline and Bob Johnstone's site will be necessary to figure out how to re-wire it from 4 to 3 wire or to the correct switch.
        I didn't know it was a factory piece. I always associated Ford/Autolite and GM/AC Delco
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

'63 - '66 Lark types also had the 4 wire plug Prestolite wiper motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
            '63 - '66 Lark types also had the 4 wire plug Prestolite wiper motors.
            They did, so maybe that Wiring Diagram also works to figure out how they did that.
            Of course as you know the Cowl Vent Climitizer Systems have a totally different Wiper Motor however.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The change to the four-wire connector was to accomodate a change to the "park" function of the wipers.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X