Production Order on 57hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Order on 57hawk

OK AS YOU ALL KNOW I PICKER UP THIS 57 GOLDEN HAWK WITH 57 TAILLIGHTS ETC AND WE DECIDED TO WAIT FOR THE
    PRODUCTION ORDER BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS. BEFORE I HAD QUESTION OF TRIM AND WITH FINS NO FINS. i HAVE NOT
    BEN ABLE TO BLAST BODY YET BECAUS I STILL WANT TO REMOVE MOTOR AND TRANS BEFORE WHICH SHOULD HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND
    BARRING ANY MISHAPES ALONG THE WAY. I PLAN TO TAKE DOG HOUSE OFF BUT THERE SURE ARE ALOT OF BOLTS WOW.
    SO HERE'S THE PRODUCTION NUMBERS I COME UP WITH. ORDER DATE 2-27-57 SHIP DATE 3-6-57 SALS ORDER P6
    LINE NO 1230 SERIAL NO, 6103138, BODY NUMBER 3081 (LIKE TO HAVE MORE INFO ON THIS), ASSY AT 3-7-57
    |DESCRIPTION OF UNIT AND QUIPMENT IS AS FOLLOWS
    SHIP VIA ST
    DESCRIPTION OF UNIT AND EQUIPMENT
    57H K7
    P5714 TIARA ( is this a gold color?P
    T5775A GOV 25
    FLIGHT-O-MATIC
    710X15X 4 WHT (someone put chrome wheels on it or does studebaker hav chrome)
    TWIN TRACTION DIFF (good thing)
    AC 2834 AC2748 (options??)
    XAC2939
    \NOW DESCUSION ABOUT THE DIFFFRENC BETWNClick image for larger version

Name:	57 STUDE MINUS FEA 002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1738991Click image for larger version

Name:	57 STUDE MINUS FEA 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	1738992 56 AND 57 DOORS ONE SMOOTH ONE NOT????
    I TOOK THE ROCKER PANELS OFF THAT WHERE GLUDE ON BY TAR IS THIS NORMAL. IT SHOULD DID PROTECT THE ROCKARS THY LOOK NICE.
    AND HOW DOES THE FENERS UNBOLT I HAVE BEEN TAKEN BOLTS OUT BY THE DOZEN. I THOUGHT 57 CHEVYS WHERE TOUGH

I'm not a GH expert,but I can tell you those doors are not '57,and '57s don't have rocker mouldings. Oh yep,"tiara" is the gold color,no chrome wheels from 'Stude. A very nice project you have there!
    Last edited by 52hawk; 06-17-2013, 04:42 PM.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by studelyman View Post
      AND HOW DOES THE FENERS [sic] UNBOLT I HAVE BEEN TAKEN BOLTS OUT BY THE DOZEN. I THOUGHT 57 CHEVYS WHERE TOUGH
      Rick, sounds like you need to procure yourself a shop manual. A couple of parts catalogs would also be of benefit.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

no need to shout
        PackardV8

Comment

I recieved manuels from te Studebaker museaum along with th Production order but all thy show is part numbers with pictures of parts which is great. But what my hang up is with the way parts come off and where all the bolts ar WOW. Does anyone know of a restoration guide book??
          Does the air ducts in the fenders bolt up to the feners and maybe thats where my hange up is. I'm trying to get dighouse off to remove engine and blast engine compartment frame etc this weekend but it looks like I might be in it for the long run. Patience prevents damage.
          The doors,fendrs,no parklights on fenders, no fins kind of got me wondering if someone ddn't throw this thing together with many parts. Very solid though.
          No rust on fenders,doors,quarters, trunk the only problem I see is the aluminum covers for the rockers. Cant wait to get engine number to se what I have there.

Comment

Solid looking car externally anyway!

Comment

Internally also. Dash untouched, carpet good but stinks as is the seats with no rips or tears, back console cleaned up nice and the headliner is in one piece. Door pads have grat color. I guess I got lucky it was in a garage/barn so long the only problem I have is from the mice and thats minimum. Thanks for the comment

Comment

Originally posted by studelyman View Post
                Does anyone know of a restoration guide book??
                Passenger Car Shop Manual, 680 pages, Order item # 800423, $45.
                Or, order item #801440, The shop manual, body catalog, chassis catalog and '58 supplement, all on one CD-ROM for only $19.95.
                That Shop Manual is what you need!
                Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club?
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

BODY NUMBER 3081 (LIKE TO HAVE MORE INFO ON THIS) --> 3081 indicates the 3,081th 1957 Golden Hawk body tub that was welded up and is not indicative of it's place in the sequence of GH production that year.
                  SERIAL NO, 6103138 indicates the 3,138th '57 Golden Hawk built

57H K7 --> 57 Golden Hawk
                  P5714 TIARA --> Tiara Gold Metallic
                  T5775A GOV 25 --> interior with GOV probably meaning gold vinyl
                  FLIGHT-O-MATIC
                  710X15X 4 WHT
                  TWIN TRACTION DIFF (good thing)
                  AC 2834 --> Climatizer (heater/defroster)
                  AC 2748 --> Delco AM radio
                  XAC2939 -->Air Conditioning, 6 cyl - 59S - 6 cyl Lark 1959 ???

Good luck with your 57 GH project. My 57 Golden Hawk was built one week prior to yours.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is what I posted on your other similar thread/topic:

You have the 3138th 1957 Golden Hawk, out of 4356. The body is the 3081st 1957 Golden Hawk body welded up.
                    What is your engine number and/or the engine number that the car was built with?
                    Your car should not have doors with Duesy swoops in them.
                    The "dog house" is not that hard to remove or have "dozens of bolts" to remove. There are six at the cowl on each fender plus a couple at the front.
                    Studebaker did NOT have chrome wheels in 1957. They did have a couple of optional full wheel covers.

Also, there is no need to remove the "dog house" to remove the engine. Simply mark and remove your hood and radiator and then remove engine with or without transmission.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

With those doors, front fenders and finless rear fenders, I'd be wondering if the serial number plate has been added to an earlier car.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

AC-2834 is the Climatizer (Heater-Defroster)
                        AC-2748 is a manual tuning radio (no push buttons)
                        XAC-2939 'X' usually means an item that is supplied with the car but not installed. That could be things like radio antennas, wheel covers, other items that could be easily damaged or 'lost' during shipment. 2939 has to be a misprint. My best guess is it should be 2838, which is dual rear antennas.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
                        X