No announcement yet.

From the archives #145 (grown men playing with toys, can you imagine?). 1962

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #145 (grown men playing with toys, can you imagine?). 1962

Click image for larger version

Name:	62 promo models copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1738961
    The two gentlemen are Lew Minkel and Frank Suskavich both from the Studebaker sales dept. Studebaker offered both Lark hartop and convertible promo models in '62.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Were these the molds that became the Jo-Han kits?

I wonder if the diorama was a trade-show display mockup... sort of seems like it might be, with the turntable and the display space and such.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I remember the full-size diorama from the 1962 Chicago Auto Show. The two cars I remember seeing at that show were a GT Hawk in white with custom wheel covers on the turntable, and a red Lark Regal Six convertible with black-and-white interior which I sat in. I also remember a color light-up plexiglass panel display with the photo of Alan Young, Connie Hines and Mister Ed posing with a blue Lark Regal Skytop. This was my first auto show and I was 9 years old at the time. BTW, that same blue Skytop can be seen in the opening sequence of the Mister Ed episode, "Ed, the Beneficiary", the only regular episode of the series to slip into public domain and can be seen on YouTube.
      Last edited by dixiana; 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM. Reason: Added Info about Skytop

Comment

We still play with toys; we're just not grown men!
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
        X