Combined years of Studebaker experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined years of Studebaker experience

I saw a post from someone mentioning that they've been involved with Studebakers for a number of years, and I got to wondering, how many combined years of Studebaker experience is on this forum?

So this is unscientific, and just for fun, but how long have you had the Studebaker bug? There might be cause for two different numbers. For example, I've been exposed to Studebakers for most of my life, but I've only had one in my possession for about 6 years, and of that time, I probably only have about two years experience of actually working on them.

So how long have you been in the Stude world, and how long have you been working on them? It could be fun to see how much experience we're pulling on this site.
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Fifty years here!

Comment

40 years this year.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Same as Skip - 40, this year.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I got my first Studebaker when I was 20, in 1954. It was a '40 business coupe. I wasn't perfect, but it got me where I needed to be.
          Actually, I remember my dad's '39 Commander when I was a kid. So, counting my '40 Stude, I've been a Studebaker guy for about 59 years. My current Stude is a '59 Lark Regal Hardtop.

Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Got my first one a 59 Silver Hawk in 1967. Joined SDC in 1971 and AOAI in 1972.

Denny L

Comment

I'm a newby at 37 years of ownership and SDC membership.

Comment

40 years in SDC this year, have owned one of my cars 46 years and had my first stude & first car in 1965.
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Only 8 years for me

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

10 and 10. I guess I can't trade the car...
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Joined SDC in 1992. Got my first Stude in 1996.
                      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

My first one, a 1953 Champ Hdtp with a fresh white over red repaint, came into my possession in 1964. Within the following year I sold it and bought a '59 Silver Hawk with 21,345 original verified miles for $600.00. My how times have changed. My dad was one of the original founding members of the North Georgia Chapter. I have been an SDC member since 1966.

Dan Miller
                        Auburn, GA
                        Last edited by ROADRACELARK; 06-16-2013, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I'm only new to the game then with my first Studebaker, a 1961 wagon with 259 and 3 speed, no overdrive, and that was the first Studebaker I had ever seen, bought in 1980. So thats only 33 years. I did start working on it soon after as it only had two forward gears and no reverse. The cluster was bad. It did however make for some creative parking before the fix.

Comment

I got started with Studebakers in 1959 and had several until around 1967. Studebaker had gone out of business by then and everyone knew you would not be able to get parts any longer. Yeah right! So I never looked back, raised a family and finally got the bug again in 1991 from my then boss, who had one and belonged to SDC and the local Chapter. Joined SDC, bought a GT Hawk I still have and have been a member ever since. So the short answer is 22 years in SDC + 8 years into Studebakers without being in SDC= 30 years total
                            Last edited by 41 Frank; 06-15-2013, 06:44 PM.
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                              I saw a post from someone mentioning that they've been involved with Studebakers for a number of years, and I got to wondering, how many combined years of Studebaker experience is on this forum?

So this is unscientific, and just for fun, but how long have you had the Studebaker bug? There might be cause for two different numbers. For example, I've been exposed to Studebakers for most of my life, but I've only had one in my possession for about 6 years, and of that time, I probably only have about two years experience of actually working on them.

So how long have you been in the Stude world, and how long have you been working on them? It could be fun to see how much experience we're pulling on this site.
                              I got the bug in probably '54 or '55 when a guy pulled in to a parking place near where I was standing. His car was a very lightly modified '53 Commander Starliner- solid white with a light lavender mist along the fender and door crease. Most beautiful car I had ever seen. After that I started pestering used car dealers to drive the Studebakers they had on their lots (didn't have a dealer in my town). Bought my first Studebaker in '61, a '61 Lark Cruiser, and have owned Studebakers continuously since. Joined SDC in '69 and became a life member shortly after that.
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X