June 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 14th

Today is FLAG DAY. THANK YOU, to all who served, and those who gave all to defend OLD GLORY.
    Fly it proud, and fly it high (regardless of what our First Lady thinks). GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I put the flag out next to my front door every morning and bring it in at sunset. I could leave it out because there is a light next to it that I leave on all night.
      After 9/11, many/most neighbors had flags out. Now I believe that I am the only one in the area to fly the flag.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Old Glory is flying at our home. I also have little American flag decals in the corners of my Hawk windows, just so people know it wasn't made in China.......

Comment

I have a small metal tag on my front license plate that says: "Made in America!!!" Also has the American Flag on it.
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
            I have a small metal tag on my front license plate that says: "Made in America!!!" Also has the American Flag on it.
            Have you looked at the small print on the tag to see where it was made?

'Used to be a member of the National Exchange Club. We had a project called Give a Kid a Flag to Wave.

Every fall, during the OSU homecoming parade, we would build a float, and hand out 10,000 small American flags along the parade route.

One year, a new person took over the task of ordering flags. He ordered the cheapest ones he could find, and we wound up handing out American flags with, "Made in China," printed on them.

I would have rather burned them, but 'twas not my decision.
            Last edited by Studedude; 06-15-2013, 11:20 AM.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Yes, I checked when I purchased it. Made in America!!!!
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Jim
                I just bought a new flag recently at our local Mom & Pop hardware store and inquired about their flag inventory and they only sell flags that are made in America! Yes we fly our flag on a daily basis as do some of our neighbors. Thanks to all who served as well as those now serving! Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
                X