UPDATE emergency help 1964 commander v8 3 on tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE emergency help 1964 commander v8 3 on tree

My father in law was driving his 64 commander this morning, after he installed his alternator.
    I was to go up to his house and install it over the weekend, but he couldn't wait so he did it himself.

Now I'm on my way to pick him and his car up in Tuscaloosa Alabama which is 239 miles from me now.

he said the wiring harness got in tanged with the belts.
    I don't know how bad it is but he said it pulled all the wires loose and wrapped them around the fan.
    what I need is if some one can help me with a wiring diagram for under the hood.
    I'm a auto tech by trade so rewiring it isn't no biggie, but knowing where they all go would help.
    the wife and I are leaving in a hour , I can check from my smart phone but I will not be able to print after I leave

With all this weather we have going on here it will be a long Trip

Thanks RussK emergency help
    Last edited by Russk; 06-16-2013, 04:48 PM.

i got a wiring diagram for my 64 daytona off of bob johnstone's web site.
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

If its in the manuals i can help you in the morning but wont have any way to scan them before that. Change your title, lots more people here familiar with 64's than 46's. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Fix your title man, so you get more hits from people that know what you need help with.

Comment

46 V8 huh???

Comment

This is from Bob Johnstones site as suggested. Match your year and hopefully it's here.

Bob

Comment

C'mon...let's cut the fella a break! First of all...he's got to be under a bit of stress. I imagine he had other plans for the evening and then, the phone rings. Also, by the number of posts he has...it is obvious he does not spend a lot of time posting on the forum. Let's not alienate him in a time of need. Some of us tend to inadvertently transpose numbers when we are under no pressure. Also, I have seen quite a number of posts where forum members have had difficulty editing and correcting mistakes in thread titles.

Main point is that we have a fellow Studebaker person in trouble and this member is willing to rush a couple hundred miles to the rescue. My hat's off to the effort and I hope all goes well. Good luck and let us know how it works out. Any member in the area with the ability to assist would probably be welcomed. Good luck!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                C'mon...let's cut the fella a break! First of all...he's got to be under a bit of stress. I imagine he had other plans for the evening and then, the phone rings. Also, by the number of posts he has...it is obvious he does not spend a lot of time posting on the forum. Let's not alienate him in a time of need. Some of us tend to inadvertently transpose numbers when we are under no pressure. Also, I have seen quite a number of posts where forum members have had difficulty editing and correcting mistakes in thread titles.

Main point is that we have a fellow Studebaker person in trouble and this member is willing to rush a couple hundred miles to the rescue. My hat's off to the effort and I hope all goes well. Good luck and let us know how it works out. Any member in the area with the ability to assist would probably be welcomed. Good luck!
                John

I sent him to BJ's site and the diagrams., I can't print out the diagrams and hand deliver them to him from Michigan in less than an hour. WTF more can I do? The link works.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                  John

I sent him to BJ's site and the diagrams., I can't print out the diagrams and hand deliver them to him from Michigan in less than an hour. WTF more can I do? The link works.

Bob
                  Hey Bob...I wasn't directing the comments to you. Just happens by the time I had posted...my comments fell in after your post. You did the right thing. Actually, more help than my comments did. I was just concerned that while he was needing information, folks were concentrating on the mistake in the title. Ironically...the title mistake might have gotten more attention than if he had typed it in correctly. Anyway, I hope everything works out OK.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here is the direct link to the '64 V8 Lark Type COLOR Diagram you needed 2 Hours ago, hope that it might still help, sorry I was having a late Dinner.

Last edited by StudeRich; 06-13-2013, 07:05 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

ok windy person go back to your project. please
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

here are the diagrams hope its not too late just saw this.
                        AnneClick image for larger version

Name:	63-4-lark-wire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1680316Click image for larger version

Name:	3e-wire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1680317
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Hey Bob...I wasn't directing the comments to you. Just happens by the time I had posted...my comments fell in after your post. You did the right thing. Actually, more help than my comments did. I was just concerned that while he was needing information, folks were concentrating on the mistake in the title. Ironically...the title mistake might have gotten more attention than if he had typed it in correctly. Anyway, I hope everything works out OK.
                          John

Probably excited me more than it should have. In any case, it looks like a couple of sources are available so hopefully he's in good shape.

I'm going to climb back on my soapbox just a little. Bob Johnstone has spent considerable time and effort to assemble a site that contains a plethora, a lot too, of information that is germane to solving a lot of questions asked on this site. I think we should show Bob a bit more thanks by using and referencing his site more often.

No harm, no foul from here, Bob

Comment

Actually I started typing before wolfies comment appeared. when I hit the "post" button, both are post's appeared at the same time, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. I didn't know if he had noticed yet and wanted to tip him off so more people who know would see it and not be confused. I definitely wasn't trying to pick at his thread., I the exact same thing all the time.

P.S Wow Jim willing to derail a thread just to be a prick to me, you impress me sometimes!

Comment

im Jessica, my dad Russell has told me to get on here and tell every one thanks
                              he also had me fix the 46 to a 64

John or grandpa to me, has got a hotel room and when dad gets there he wants me to email them to him so I am downloading them all to send to him
                              he has a laptop with him but no printer I will post more when he calls me back
                              He said they were almost in Birmingham

Comment

Working...
                              X