M-series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: M-series

hi there, I have recently moved and in the process of getting prices to have my truck hauled to my new location. does anyone know what a 1946 M16-52 flatbed might weigh ?

I hauled a '47 M-16-52 with a metal sided grain box and hoist on a car trailer, and it was kind of scary to do it. I figure it was at least 6000 pounds. Your truck would be lighter, maybe 5000 or so? An equipment trailer would be fine.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I brought a m16 dually from Kansas . It weighted right at 5200 lbs. with no bed and that weight included the 1600 lb. dual axle trailer it was on. So truck was about 3600 lbs. and maybe a lot less if all the rats had gotten out. Pulled it a 1000 miles back to Ohio with a 2002 Grand Cherokee with a 4.0 and no trailer package (3:23 rear gears). now it weights almost 4000 lbs. ( surprised me!) Jeep had 26,000 miles on it at the time, now has over 179,000 miles and still no problems with motor or trans. )
      Last edited by rodnutrandy; 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM.
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I have a flatbed on my '48 M16-52 and with me sitting in the cab, we weighed in at 5060 lbs. Neal

Comment

So that means the truck is 4900, right?

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
            I hauled a '47 M-16-52 with a metal sided grain box and hoist on a car trailer, and it was kind of scary to do it. I figure it was at least 6000 pounds. Your truck would be lighter, maybe 5000 or so? An equipment trailer would be fine.
            thank you gord and other stude fans for your help - got a great quote from Higgins Construction (uship) to haul my '46M - yaay

Comment

Working...
            X