No announcement yet.

Hey!!!! How do you access the registry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey!!!! How do you access the registry?

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you access the SDC registry? I wanna find how many other members are in my town.

The book is available to purchase, I believe over 12,000 Members.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Isn't there an online version? There should be one on the site. It would things eaiser.

Comment

No. The contents are copyrighted, and making it available on line makes it too easy for spammers to use the whole list. Chapters and officers can get electronic versions of selected sections for club business, but to prevent spam, the complete listing is only available on hard copy. This decision by the board was the result of several advertisers getting hold of electronic versions of membership lists and burying the members in spam.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks for the Board taking that precaution, Skip; 'heartily agree!

Any idea when we'll get a new one published? The current roster is now based on information well over two years old and tis getting a little long in the tooth.

(I just got the new Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club Roster a couple days ago. It is identified as The 2013-2015 Roster, so members know to not expect another one until 2016.) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            (I just got the new Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club Roster a couple days ago. It is identified as The 2013-2015 Roster, so members know to not expect another one until 2016.) BP
            Does the HET Club really need to publish a roster more often than a three-year interval? I don't think they're growing any faster than SDC is, considering the last Hudson was made nine years Hudsons)before the last Studebaker was made.

Craig

Comment

If I can find mine, I'll toss it in the back of the Lark and you can look at it if you ever find yourself in our neighborhood.

It's a pity the spammers ruin things for everyone, isn't it?
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                Does the HET Club really need to publish a roster more often than a three-year interval? I don't think they're growing any faster than SDC is, considering the last Hudson was made nine years Hudsons) before the last Studebaker was made. Craig
                Apparently they think that's about right. I have 2002-2004, 2005-2007, and 2008-2010 HET Club Rosters, Craig. I accidently let my membership lapse, so I didn't get one in the 2011/2012 years.

Their membership, while smaller than ours, has also stabilized after a year or two of modest losses, probably due to the U.S. economy. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                  Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you access the SDC registry? I wanna find how many other members are in my town.
                  Dan, our current SDC Membership Roster includes 5 people with Souix City addresses in addition to yours, which I wrote in. There may be others in the metro Souix City area, but I wouldn't recognize those town names when scanning the roster.

Also, a handful of people don't want their addresses published, so the address just appears as "Iowa." One or more of them may also be in the Souix City area. BP

Comment

Simple...just make friends with some IT guy that works for the National Security Agency...supply free donuts...and you'd probably get any info you need. It's all about "connections."
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Most chapters publish an annual roster with names and addresses, so joining a chapter gets you a list of almost everyone in your area.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Thanks for the Board taking that precaution, Skip; 'heartily agree!

Any idea when we'll get a new one published? The current roster is now based on information well over two years old and tis getting a little long in the tooth.
                        I dunno. I guess we'd have to ask Mark Wheeler. I don't think he makes much profit off of them, so he may only be printing them when directed to do so by the board.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                          I dunno. I guess we'd have to ask Mark Wheeler. I don't think he makes much profit off of them, so he may only be printing them when directed to do so by the board.
                          That's what I've understood, Skip. I'll tickle him in Colorado Springs if I am there.

With our aging demographic, we need to keep the roster up-to-date, to make sure new and younger members are included ASAP after joining. Not every year, I agree, but at least every other year, I would think.

Idea: To boost sales, why not offer a then-current roster at a reduced price to people when they renew their SDC membership? BP

Comment

As a little swerve aside to the topic...I really like the "WELCOME NEW MEMBERS" feature in Turning Wheels. It is a good way for local chapters to look for prospects who may not have joined or even be aware of nearby members.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              As a little swerve aside to the topic...I really like the "WELCOME NEW MEMBERS" feature in Turning Wheels. It is a good way for local chapters to look for prospects who may not have joined or even be aware of nearby members.
                              Absolutely, John, and well-worth mentioning. That is one new feature with many plusses that should be continued. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X