Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: lights??

Dumb question here...
    I have a 57 silver hawk and I'm wiring the front headlamps.
    Are there no parking lights on the front of this car?
    I think the top fender mounted chrome lights are blinkers.
    How far off am I?

The top fender mounted chrome lights (on 57 Silver Hawk) are also called parking lights + they are directional signals too. So they have 2 functions: parking lights + blinkers.

Have a nice day.
    sigpic

Comment

Do you have a good wiring diagram? The one in the manual is pretty hard to read, I've found. Check out this page and grab the diagram for your car; it will show you how everything hooks up.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks very much!
        So I'm assumming my fender lights should be clear light bulbs and not amber. Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, they are clear lenses.

By the way, thanks Clark for the link to the wiring diagrams, useful stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gregfcarr View Post
            Thanks very much!
            So I'm assumming my fender lights should be clear light bulbs and not amber. Thanks again.
            For the USA, amber lights in front started with the 1963 model year.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Greg, New clear Lenses are available at Studebaker Vendors at: http://Studebaker Vendors.com that fit '56-'58 Hawks.

If you like Amber Parking and Turn Signals and are not too worried about Originality, the
              Amber Bulbs 1157A can be used.

You should find that there are TWO filament Bulbs and TWO wires and contacts in your fender top Light Housings.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X