Homebrew Champ Paint Update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew Champ Paint Update.

Dave stopped by today, and made great progress reassembling his truck after our work in the field last weekend. I would drive it to be sure, it looks like a work truck, just what he wanted.
    I even made some progress on the wagon, got the tail lights rewired, made up gaskets, and mounted them. Wont be long on the wagon.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar

Nice looking job Ross, do you call that Gray or Green? Close up it looks completely Gray, but some Pics show a touch of Green, a bit unusual for sure, which is good for a unusually seen these days, Truck!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nice job Ross. That looks like a great looking truck he has there now. I hope the bolts holding the outside rear view mirror are stainless & has as large a flat washer possible backing it inside. I have seen doors with those mirrors that have cracked from the vibration & leverage from the long arm so any reinforcement inside I recommend. Hope to see it soon on the local roads!
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Its several colors batched up to get the quantity we needed, or at least anticipated needing. Its officially named "Ogden Green".
        One gallon machinery green + one gallon white + 11oz of black, and 2 long squirts of blue tint to take the pastel/greenness edge off.
        We mixed about 10 different options using a tablespoon as a unit, and the tint by eyeball. We then dabbed the inside tailgate frame with each test batch, and the following weekend decided on the color.
        It looks gray, green, or blue depending on ambient lighting. And the good news is, because we don't have a clue as to what we are doing, we have enough Ogden green leftover to paint 2 more Champs, my old N9 Ford, lawn tractor, handrails, mailbox,..........
        Warren, we repaired those cracks, and used nut-certs for the mirror, its quite sturdy now.
        sigpic
        Ross.
        Riverside, Ca.
        1957 Provincial X2
        1958 Transtar

Comment

Ross,Dave has a really nice Champ.I like the look and color,hek I simply like Champs with long beds.and really like the HE MAN of this 3/4ton.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

If you have any paint left, you should do the rims to match. That truck is sharp! Great work.
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Yes, the rims will be green. He intends on painting the bumpers black.
              sigpic
              Ross.
              Riverside, Ca.
              1957 Provincial X2
              1958 Transtar

Comment

Gotta say, that's pretty snazzy! Nice work

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice story........Good effort.......Great results!

Comment

WOW--I do like that...Nice pick-em-up truck. Didn't really care for the bird poopey by the rear view mirror though. Other than that, very nice...

Comment

Working...
                    X