Jerry Murphy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Murphy

I am sorry I never got to met Jerry but without his first article I would not be the toy Studebaker collector I am today. With out his article there would be no Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Thank you Jerry for sparking my interest in collecting toy Studebakers. I knew I'd never have more than one or two real Studebakers at any one time. Because of toy collecting I can now enjoy hundreds of Studebakers in my garage at any given moment.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I am so glad Jerry's obit.got posted here. It was sent to "Turning Wheels" and I hope it is published so that more SDCers can see it. I loved Jerry and have delighted in his letters, since the early '70s. I used to read them to my wife and sons and have saved every one. I have one regret and that was that I once got outside his house, in Maine,and then didn't have enough nerve to go up to the door and meet him. I invited him to my house many times, however, trying to get him to hang out and sight see Detroit before I drove him to the South Bend Internationals. Ah, the might of been.......Rest in Peace, Jerry

Gary Hildebrandt
      Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Working...
      X