No announcement yet.

Studebaker Art (at The Petersen Museum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Art (at The Petersen Museum)

(snippet copy - see link for entire article)

Theodore W. Pietsch II was born on September 23, 1912, and grew up in Baltimore, Maryland. With an architect father and an uncle who was an avid racing fan and automobile dealer, Pietsch was heavily influenced from an early age by art, design and cars. In 1934, he began an apprenticeship under Ken Lee at Chrysler Corporation in Detroit, where he initially was assigned to trim blueprints. However, he favorably impressed management and fellow designers, quickly rising to high status among his peers. Over the years, he held positions in nearly all the major U.S. car companies, including Chrysler, Hudson Motors, Ford, Studebaker and American Motors, producing hundreds of sketches, line drawings and renderings. He retired in 1972 and eventually moved west, to Southern California and then Washington State, where he lived a quiet life with his wife until his passing in 1993 at age 80. On view November 10, 2012 through April 28, 2013
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

As cool as that one is-- you should see the drawing of the other 'Studebaker' truck that was hanging on the wall next to this one- back when they were on display at the Petersen.

When I can get at the pictures I took, I'll post them...

But you know, now that I think about it- someone may have posted pics in one of the LA Winter Meet threads from this past March.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Other info here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=pietsch

Craig

Comment

Interesting hood/grille treatment.....Maybe Stude should have tried it!

Comment

In the 1950s, Ted Pietsch worked for Bob Bourke in the Loewy Studios at Studebaker. Ted was a designer that came from Hudson, where he was a good friend of Bob Koto.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X