For the modeler, a Champ resin model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the modeler, a Champ resin model

Found this on ebay, if you consider that a 1/700 model of a WW2 crusier or battleship runs around $40.00 or a 1/24 car model is around $25.00...

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Interesting, but kinda pricy.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

...and no frame.
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
        ...and no frame.
        Could you use a frame from the Johann Lark kit...or AMT coupe (or the Avanti for that matter?). Or if all you want is a promo model...you could build a frame to hold it together. That would be easy to do. As has been pointed out, models today are very expensive (back when I was a kid airplanes were 79 cents, and cars $20.00) so If you have a Champ and want a model of one, $25 isn't that expensive.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I have one and it is one the roughest resin models I have ever worked on.

Comment

You would need to use one of the available pickup kits to have a representation of a pickup frame. A 53 coupe kit or Avanti kit would be needed for a Studebaker V-8. The build would be pricy when done, but the model would be unique.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I got one of those resin Champ kits on the way to build a slot car out of.
              Not one for competition, just one pair up with the Lark conv. to see move around the track.
              At $50 they are a bit pricey, but the plastic kits (while being better quality) are much harder to find.
              1956 Commander Sedan
              SCCNSW, Australia.

Comment

There is a guy out there who manufactures and sells on EBay, 1:87 scale resin Studebakers for use on HO Scale model railroads. They are surprisingly detailed for such small models. He has almost a dozen different Studebakers available. I bought a bunch of them for our club layout for a Studebaker dealership in town.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1680183
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011228.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1680184
                Last edited by Commander Eddie; 06-03-2013, 10:48 AM.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                X