Congrats to Richard Poe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Richard Poe!

CONGRATS! to Rich and Rose Poe (and their R1 Lark) for the nice "Weekend Warrior" article in the latest Hemmings Muscle Machines!!
    Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

Now I gotta buy yet another magazine..... that will be my Fathers Day gift to myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
      Now I gotta buy yet another magazine..... that will be my Fathers Day gift to myself!
      You won't be disappointed with that issue. They also featured values of muscle convertibles and yours truly was quoted in the sidebar with the Dart GTS convert! So TWO SDC members are featured in that issue. I didn't see my quote until after I started this post! LOL
      Frank Remlinger
      Detroit, Michigan
      SDC# A004602R

Comment

Congratulations, Richard. Frank should have gotten a mention for his Philly Steak sandwiches, too!
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

'Just got my Hemmings Muscle Machines today and it does look real nice. Again, Richard; congratulations. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks. I do need to correct a couple things though. I didn't grow up in Wisconsin. I grew up in the Cincinnati area and attended high school in Fort Thomas, KY. Not that It's all that important. My R1 won all our shootouts in the September PSMCDR events, and I also raced FS not F.A.S.T. My Challenger is not an R1, but could be a R1 clone on steroids I guess.
            I agree with Dave Warren that Frank's Philly Steak sandwiches do need to be mentioned some where, but that may create a run on them and we won't be able to get one any more.
            Again thanks for the nice comments, and good press goes a long way in keeping Studebaker performance alive and well.
            Richard
            The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Originally posted by 63larkr1 View Post
              Thanks. I agree with Dave Warren that Frank's Philly Steak sandwiches do need to be mentioned some where, but that may create a run on them and we won't be able to get any more. Richard
              Agreed. Hopefully, everyone will have forgotten the citation to those delicious delectables before September's Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Forgotten what?

Way to go, Richard! We'd love to see an R1 in the 13s at the Pure Stock Drags. And with a best trap speed of 98.51 mph, the goal now is 100, right?

Since Peter Sant got over 100 mph in his R2 Avanti by removing his front license plate, how 'bout removing the outside rear view mirrors? <G>

George

George
                george krem

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                  Congratulations, Richard. Frank should have gotten a mention for his Philly Steak sandwiches, too!
                  Apparently, the way to a Studebaker man's heart is thru his stomach!! And here I thought you just liked our company!! LOL!
                  Frank Remlinger
                  Detroit, Michigan
                  SDC# A004602R

Comment

Originally posted by fastfritz View Post
                    Apparently, the way to a Studebaker man's heart is thru his stomach!! And here I thought you just liked our company!! LOL!
                    Well, you'da found out sooner or later, Frank. BP

Comment

Working...
                    X