• Show
Clear All

• Wow!

I'm not a CASO, but this is rediculous!

Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

That is a lot of $$$$, but for the right Studebaker Avanti, (Or Lark/Hawk Disc Car), it would be nice to have!

Comment

Judging by his ebay user name,maybe he's used to selling Corvette parts?!
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Wow indeed! My 5527 has an original Firestone 500 wsw 6.70x15 on an original Avanti rim, but they definitely have been used (the car came new with Firestone 500s).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
          Wow indeed! My 5527 has an original Firestone 500 wsw 6.70x15 on an original Avanti rim, but they definitely have been used (the car came new with Firestone 500s).
          BTW, Paul; thanks again for the used P195s. They are now on the 1964 Daytona Wagonaire I got in Texas in January. (The tires on it were deep but two unmatched pairs of P205s, which I do not like. I sold them for $75, which bought over a whole tank of gas for the trip to get the car; Woo-hoo!)

Weren't these 195s on your white 1964 Daytona Wagonaire at one time? They can't seem to get away from Astra White 1964 Daytona Wagonaires, can they? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Oh,you missed the part about being 14 K Gold...
            Wm.B

Comment

When I lived in Michigan and worked as an insurance adjuster, I had to deal with Dennis Tracy. Needless to say it wasn't always a pleasant experiance. Even 20 years ago he priced his parts high. His labor was higher...
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                That is a lot of $$$$, but for the right Studebaker Avanti, (Or Lark/Hawk Disc Car), it would be nice to have!
                When I was selling off some extra Avanti parts last year I'd get a question from some guy on every single ad asking if I had an original spare tire for an Avanti.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  BTW, Paul; thanks again for the used P195s. They are now on the 1964 Daytona Wagonaire I got in Texas in January. (The tires on it were deep but two unmatched pairs of P205s, which I do not like. I sold them for $75, which bought over a whole tank of gas for the trip to get the car; Woo-hoo!)

Weren't these 195s on your white 1964 Daytona Wagonaire at one time? They can't seem to get away from Astra White 1964 Daytona Wagonaires, can they? BP
                  Yes they were (on my Wagonaire). I bought them not knowing that P195s were not the same as the earlier metric 195s. I thought they were too small on the Wagonaire- replaced them with P215x75s (on six-inch Chrysler rims) which I have found are very close to the original height of 6.70x15s .
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

E-bay is just starting to get stupid!

Comment

This is not an unusual strategy in pricing. I'm a contractor. I like to bid my jobs to be competitive so I can keep working and maintain contacts with my fellow contractors. This allows me to stay in the flow, and I don't have to chase down as many jobs, cuz they often come to me.
                      On the other hand, there are some who place their bids sky high on the off chance they will snag a few jobs from "suckers". That may not sound like wisdom, but here's the rub.
                      I've talked to several of these types through the years and they all have the same answer: "I only have to work 1/4 the time, because I can make 4 times the profit on each job I do"
                      It may not be ethical, but it's hard to argue with the logic.
                      sals54

Comment

The kicker is the tire is a Firestone 500. Coker's tires are Deluxe Champions.
                        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

This guy is used to "Bloomington Gold" setting his prices. He hasn't been introduced to CASO's. Plus he has the wheel as a 4&1/4" bolt circle-we all know that answer better.
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                            When I was selling off some extra Avanti parts last year I'd get a question from some guy on every single ad asking if I had an original spare tire for an Avanti.
                            I did as well. Finally asked him to stop

JLB

Comment

hey, it's eBay. you can ask whatever price you want. if someone is willing to buy it, more power to him.

SHAUN

Comment

Working...
                              X