Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton location

Hello all,

I'm just curious, but what happened to the old Studebaker plant in Hamilton? Is it still standing? If not, what was the address?

Thanks,

Jude

Jude,
    The old plant still exists in downtown Hamilton at 3 Ferrie St East...Over the years following the demise of Studebaker Canada in March of 1966 it was used for a multitude of light industry operations and about 3-4 years ago a movie studio company took it over to become a major film industry, but that also failed and I believe it is now totally unused and closed...You can still see the word 'STUDEBAKER' on one side of the building if you look really hard..

Barry Leppan
    Burlington, Ont. Canada
    64 Daytona HT 5-spd
    64 GT Hawk R-1/AC/Powershift
    Barry Leppan
    Ontario, Canada
    64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
    GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Jude,
      The old plant still exists in downtown Hamilton at 3 Ferrie St East...Over the years following the demise of Studebaker Canada in March of 1966 it was used for a multitude of light industry operations and about 3-4 years ago a movie studio company took it over to become a major film industry, but that also failed and I believe it is now totally unused and closed...You can still see the word 'STUDEBAKER' on one side of the building if you look really hard..

Barry Leppan
      Burlington, Ont. Canada
      64 Daytona HT 5-spd
      64 GT Hawk R-1/AC/Powershift
      Barry Leppan
      Ontario, Canada
      64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
      GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Working...
      X